FORUMS: list search recent posts

Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cburrisRestoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5
by on Feb 28, 2007 at 9:55:17 pm

Tried to figure this out myself, but I need some help!

I use Audition 1.5 to record live broadcasts daily, and the tracks are sometime over an hour long before I stop Audition to save them. Sometimes I do not have a chance to save a track before I must arm another track to record another hour of material. Normally this is not a problem, and I just save each track seperately when I'm done recording.

But, a few times now, Audition has deleted audio from the previous track, before I have a chance to save it, and only the audio recorded before the end of the second track is left. For example: Track 1 was recorded for 1 hour and 14 minutes. When it came time to record the second segment on Track 2, Track 1 had not been saved yet, so I unarmed the track, placed it in mute, and armed Track 2 for recording. I returned to zero on the counter and clicked on Record. Track 2 was stopped at 34 minutes and 52 seconds.

Normally when Track 2 is stopped, I just save both tracks seperately and I'm done. Today, when I went to save Track 1, the end of the waveform was at 34 minutes and 52 seconds, which was also the end point of Track 2! The multi-track view showed that there once had been 1 hour and 14 minutes of audio there, but there was no waveform between the end of Track 2, and the end of the multi-track view.

I'm sure that I accidentally clicked on something, that prevented the end of Track 1 from going past the endpoint of Track 2, but can someone please tell me how to recover the lost audio?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 12:00:59 pm

Never seen this happen before ... Did you stop the recording of track 2 at 34 min or did it keep recording until you were able to get back to it? I am sure you did this but I still need to ask, did you recheck the audio you do have on track one as being what you originally recorded? Have you closed out and saved this session? If you have closed out and saved I don't know of a way to recover the lost audio ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

cburrisRe: Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 1:16:27 pm

Thanks for the response Willie. Yes, I stopped Track 2 at 34 min and 52 sec. When I went back to Track 1 to save it, the length was also 34 min and 52 sec, when it had originally been 1 hour and 14 minutes. I listened to Track 1, and it was obviously the audio that had been recorded originally, but it stopped abruptly at 34 min and 52 sec. The audio in Track 2 was completely different, and this was before I had closed out the session as well.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 2:14:15 pm

I am at a loss on this one,in all the years I have been using Audition I have never seen this happen before ... Has this ever happened to you before ... It is possible to open Audition multiple times on your computer so in the future to avoid this happening again I would have a second program running and start the new recording on it allowing you to save the first recording while recording the new track ... As for the lost audio, like I said I don't know if you can recover it or at least I have never been able to, sorry ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

sophia YousufRe: Restoring audio waveform in Audition 1.5
by on Jul 21, 2015 at 12:36:11 pm

I was mixsed Audio Clips with Multitrack, then I do know what happened I was missing a Sounds of Clips, so Haw can I recover that sounds

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]