FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reducing baby cry

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian06
Reducing baby cry
on Feb 21, 2007 at 2:54:49 pm

hi

I've a shot in a church that a baby is crying pretty loud.Is it possible to reduce the baby's cry without affecting the priest's voice?
I've got Audition 2
Thx

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Reducing baby cry
on Feb 21, 2007 at 3:08:23 pm

There are several ways to go about this ... The NOISE REMOVAL filter might work well since the frequency of baby and priest should be far enough away from each other ... Go to the NOISE REMOVAL filter and open it up. highlight just the baby crying and CAPTURE > OK this will lock it on now open it back up highlight complete clip and adjust the percentage you want to take out while you preview ... Be careful not to take out too much as it will really get ugly if you do ... You can also try the NOTCH FILTER, PARAMETRIC EQ and in SPECTRAL MODE you will be able to see the crying and you can highlight and just lower the gain via AMPLITUDE ... If you are still having a problem you can always E-mail me a clip of a minute or so and I can help get you started in the right direction ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Julian06
on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:53:51 pm

hi

thanks, i'll give it a go

Return to posts index

Charlie B
on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:18:03 pm

Maybe, I'll assume the baby's voice is higher pitch. Try a couple things.

1. Noise Reduction. I've found it to be a handy tool. Right click on a highlighted area of just the noise (no voice or other sounds) and click on "Capture Noise Reduction Profile" Once you go into your Effects menu and into the noise reduction dialog box, you can tweak just how much is eliminated.

2. You can do this manually. Since it's giving you fits, go into your effects menu and open graphic equalizer. Click the tab on the EQ that says 30 band. Then, just play the interview and fiddle with each band and see if you can tweak the noise down to a less irritating level.

Return to posts index

Charlie B
on Apr 27, 2007 at 7:25:59 pm

One last option is go into "Spectral" view. This view shows you tone rather than amplitude. Highlight and remove, reduce, etc, an area of the wave form. Once you identify it, you can "see" the tone you need to remove. Highlight it and cut it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]