FORUMS: list search recent posts

Film Sound

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zero PointFilm Sound
by on Feb 20, 2007 at 4:36:03 am

I'm trying to take the sound I've recorded and make it sound as close to the "Film Sound" as possible. I don't know the technical name for it, but for instance, when an explosion occurs in real life it doesn't have the full sound and bass like film does. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am a newbie to audio in this respect. Is there a way in Audition to do this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Film Sound
by on Feb 20, 2007 at 11:04:01 am

Try boosting your low end there are many different filters to accomplish this with ... On the EDIT side go to EFFECTS > FILTERS and you will find several EQ filters I would start with the PARAMETRIC if I was working on the project ... If you have Pre Pro installed on your computer it has some VST filters that you can import into Audition that may work for this applicartion as well ... Once you get it sounding like you would like then add a bit of reverb ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

Zero PointRe: Film Sound
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 4:26:47 am

Thanks Willie. I'll give that try. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

tropx88Re: Film Sound
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:30:19 am

You might also try, after doing what Willie said, using heavy compression on the sound. Try compressing before the reverb, and after the reverb..see which sounds best.

Steve D

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Film Sound
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 8:10:50 am

Hope it works out ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]