FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition to Nuendo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tropx88
Audition to Nuendo
on Feb 17, 2007 at 12:23:31 pm

Hi, I'll try to make this as short as possible. I have a project that involves importing the WAV files from my Aution 1.5 session folder to a friends Nuendo3. Track 1 in Audition is a click track (115 bpm) produced in Reason 3.4. (exported as audio file, NOT Rewire) then all other tracks were recorded in Audition using this click track for the tempo. The timing is rock solid in Audition, but when the tracks are later imported into Nuendo, they are just a hair out of sync, and get worse towards the end of the song. All of the tracks start at 000.

Any ideas what could cause this. I don't know if it's an Autition thing or a Nuendo problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Audition to Nuendo
on Feb 17, 2007 at 1:34:04 pm

Steve,

Make sure your sample rates are the same but I feel it may be a problem with the Nuendo program or a latency issue ... What sound card are you using? If I read it correctly when you import it you are importing to a different computer or are you doing everything on the same computer? If it's a different computer how are you doing the transfer, network or via disk?
WILLIE

Return to posts index

tropx88
on Feb 17, 2007 at 11:45:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply..

>>Make sure your sample rates are the same:>>

The sample rates are the same.

>> What sound card are you using?>>

It's a RealTech HP intergrated "no big deal" souncard, and does have pretty high latency issues with Nuendo when using MIDI, I have to keep the buffer setting at about 1024 to avoid pops, clicks etc., for playback.

>>If I read it correctly when you import it you are importing to a different computer or are you doing everything on the same computer?>>

It's all being done on the same PC.

Thanks,
Steve D

Return to posts index

tropx88
on Feb 17, 2007 at 11:56:16 pm

Hmm,I just mixed the Audition Session down to an interleaved file .. imported it into Nuendo (no settings changed) and the stereo file was rock solid with Nuendo clock. It is starting to sound like a sample rate mis match.

Steve D

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 18, 2007 at 12:31:47 pm

Steve,

If you can try your mix on another computer and see if you have the same issue ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

tropx88
on Feb 19, 2007 at 7:24:12 am

I'll try that in the next few days, thanks..

Steve D

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 19, 2007 at 10:27:57 am

Steve,

Let me know what happens .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

tropx88
on Feb 21, 2007 at 5:23:11 am

Well, I didn't get a chance to try anything on another computer (one of those, "when it rains it pours" weeks)but I did discover that if I mix each individual track down, one at a time, and save them all to a new folder, then import the WAV files into Nuendo, it works perfectly, all tracks in perfect sync. hmmm? Oh, well it works for me!

I can see that it's possible for the tracks to be out of sync with Nuendos clock (metronome, etc.)for reason of different sample rate etc., but the tracks are out of sync with each other. Bass, and KIK out of sync to each other (even though they both start at 00:00:00:00) for example.

Could the preference of having the tracks convert to 32 bit for mixing, have anything to do with the behavior of the tracks stored in the session folder?

Oh, well, mixing each track works for me now, so I'm going to stop thinking before I stunt my growth or sumthin.

Thanks
Steve D

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 21, 2007 at 8:15:13 am

I have always found that I go with what works ... Are you going from 16 to to 32 bit? Nuendo may not like 32 bit and I can certainly see that it can be a problem ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

tropx88
on Feb 22, 2007 at 4:40:51 am

>>Are you going from 16 to to 32 bit? Nuendo may not like 32 bit and I can certainly see that it can be a problem>>

No, the mixed down file is 16 bit, and the wav file in the session folder states that it is also 16 bit, Also, I have the project in Nuendo set for 16 bit (I think!?)...just looked, yup I do.

Oh well, I'm sure it's just something that's going to all of a sudden flash to me, and I'm going to kik myself for being so dumb.

If I ever figure it out, I'll be sure to let you know what it is. Thanks for all of the help, and concern.

Steve D

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 22, 2007 at 2:44:04 pm

Steve,

Glad I could be of service .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]