FORUMS: list search recent posts

Amplitude Normalization filter

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tonyman
Amplitude Normalization filter
on Feb 13, 2007 at 1:04:02 pm

I have lots of love for this Amplitude Normalize filter, but how does it work? Without fail when opening the cd tracks from an opera in Audition and running this function using a negative 1 setting, I can hear sounds and imaging that weren't apparent on the original. Why is this? Do these professional sound engineers need a lesson?

TONY T

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Amplitude Normalization filter
on Feb 13, 2007 at 1:21:58 pm

The function of this filter is simply to equalize the peaks ... What version of Audition are you using? I have used this filter countless times and have never had this problem ... I would like to hear what it's doing could you E-mail me 30 seconds each of before and after ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Tonyman
on Feb 13, 2007 at 8:45:46 pm

I think you may have misread my message. I am sorry. What I meant to say is that the Normalization filter is improving the sound compared to the original CDs. And would like to know why this is?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 14, 2007 at 11:03:49 am

Normalizing just reduces the amplitude of the whole clip lowering the precieved volume preventing clipping ... Suggestion ... Try the HARD LIMIT effect on one of your clips ... I would use the present with the following exceptions I would set MAX AMPLITUDE to -1db
and the LOOKAHEAD TIME to 15 ... Here is where the effect is located ...
Go to EFFECTS > AMPLITUDE > HARD LIMIT ... What this does VS normalizing is it not only limits your peaks but it also amplfies everything burried in the mix increasing overall dynamic's ... You may want to experiment with the settings depending upon your mix you may not need to boost by 6db ... I think if you like what noramlizing does you will love what hardlimiting can add to your mix ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]