FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition channel separation Function

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paulos
Audition channel separation Function
on Feb 12, 2007 at 11:33:36 pm

hey there

I recently saw a demo of Audition and there was a function that seemed to be able to separate out the different tracks in a premixed track ie in a mixed song this function was able to isolate just the vocals or just the instrumentation.

Does anyone know if this is how the feature works and confirm that I have understood the demo correctly and also is there an equivilent to this feature in Soundtrack Pro?

thanks

G5 DP 2.0 (Power PC)
4.0G RAM
OS 10.4.8
QT 7.1.3
FCP 5.1.2
BMD Decklink Extreme 5.9
PAL Land

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Audition channel separation Function
on Feb 13, 2007 at 12:09:20 am

The function is called "CENTER CHANNEL EXTRACTOR" however it's not as discreet as one might think ... Go to EFFECTS > FILTERS > CENTER CHANNEL EXTRACTOR ... I hope it fills your need but don't be surprised if it comes up short ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

diggum
Re: Audition channel separation Function
on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:46:26 pm

The Center Channel Extractor does an okay job, but it is limited depending on how the song was mixed.

You may also want to try using the Spectral Frequency display, or the Pan display modes to help determine what degree the clips you want to isolate are from center, or to determine their frequency range, which can help get higher quality extractions. You might also have some luck using the Frequency Band Splitter in Multitrack which lets you slice a single file into several separate files at very specific frequency ranges.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]