FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition 2 mixdown problems

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dEVO1177Audition 2 mixdown problems
by on Feb 8, 2007 at 9:08:04 pm

Can anybody please tell me why when I mix down in Adobe Audition 2 it decreases the volume of the final file by about 3 or 4 db

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Audition 2 mixdown problems
by on Feb 8, 2007 at 11:03:31 pm

I noticed it as well and I am not sure why it is ... I just took the main mixer and bumped it up to correct the problem ... I am still of the opinion that I will stick with 1.5 until 3.0 comes out ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

diggumRe: Audition 2 mixdown problems
by on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:35:56 pm

Audition 2.0 implemented support for the Panning Law on the master output, which can be disabled in the Preferences under Multitrack->Stereo Panning Mode.

Panning Law, if you're not familiar, is the term used to describe the behavior of mixing consoles when a track was panned hard left or right, as compared to centered. The amplitude when panned hard was quieter than when centered, due to linear gain increase/decrease on each channel to simulate the pan. When centered, both channels played at full gain, giving an apparent +3dB gain as opposed to hard-panned to one side. There's an excellent explanation of this over at Harmony Central: http://www.harmony-central.com/articles/tips/panning_laws/

This shouldn't be an issue when creating new sessions, but you'll definitely notice it when importing sessions from 1.5. Changing that preference setting should prevent this from being an issue.

Durin Gleaves
Adobe Audition

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]