FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio getting stretched in Audition 2.0 when adding it to a Video Clip

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jbrogers
Audio getting stretched in Audition 2.0 when adding it to a Video Clip
on Feb 7, 2007 at 5:23:31 am

My wav sounds great in Audition 1.5, and in Audition 2.0 (windows). I'm using 2.0 because I need to sync the audio up to an after effects animation. I've rendered the AE animation as both an AVI and an WMV and am getting the same affect, once I export the video from Audition 2.0 the voiceover has been lowered in speed and pitch and sounds horrible. I've tried a variety of different compression and export options. It's confusing because I figured that the change from AVI to WMV would clear it up, but the same thing's happening.

Crazy! Anybody run into this before?

Return to posts index

jbrogers
Re: Audio getting stretched in Audition 2.0 when adding it to a Video Clip
on Feb 7, 2007 at 5:24:40 am

p.s. playing this with the video preview in audition 2 sounds great, too.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 7, 2007 at 11:27:11 am

And the winner of the Audition Anomaly award goes to jbrogers ... So this is the part where Willie just scratches his head and stares blankly into space thinking, "No Way" ... OK, the problem has to be in your settings or you have some really sinister latency issues ... The other thing you always want to make sure of is to do the original work in the highest resolution possible so convert to WMV after the project is complete, but back to the problem at hand ... You can import an AVI into 1.5 and sync, it would be a good way to see if you get the same results as you did with 2.0 ... Personally I would sync the project in Pre Pro providing you have pre pro ... Make sure your sample rate is 48K and not 441 or lower ... Never seeing this problem before I am at a loss other than doing a work around using a different program ... If you find a solution please post, thanks ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

drumrob
on Feb 7, 2007 at 5:40:47 pm

My guess is that it's a sample rate issue. Make sure that both the video and audio sample rate are the same. Then make sure you set the proper sample rate when exporting as well. Sounds like your original audio may be at 48kHz and you're exporting at 44.1kHz? Or something similar to that would cause the slow down.

Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index

jbrogers
on Feb 8, 2007 at 7:11:33 am

Hmm, thanks for the tips guys. The render from After Effects had no audio track - do you think that even so there was a sample rate associated that mismatched? I'll investigate and report back. Like I said, the thing sounds great when i look at it in Audition2, so I agree it's something in the export.

Return to posts index

diggum
on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:17:51 pm

Did you already get this figured out or is it still an issue? What format AVI are you exporting from After Effects? Just a standard DV-AVI?

I agree that it does sound like a sample rate issue, but I haven't seen anything like that occur before, either. Most of the video export work is done in Adobe Media Encoder, which is the same tool used in Premiere Pro and AE.

Here's a quick question - you import the video into Audition and insert it into the multitrack editor. When you do this, does it spend some time conforming the audio before it shows up in the Video track? (I know there's no audio in the video clip, but AE may be simply exporting a silent audio track as opposed to no audio stream at all.)

In fact, you may want to try exporting from AE once more, and enable the option to export audio, if possible. The track will be silent, and you can strip the silent audio track out in Audition, but it may help make it clearer if there are sample rate conversion issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]