FORUMS: list search recent posts

DO NOT USE VISTA

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
willie toth
DO NOT USE VISTA
on Feb 2, 2007 at 4:31:50 pm

I was told by Adobe sales that Audition will not operate with Vista, in fact they only have a couple of programs that will so I suggest that if you are planning a system upgrade to wait till later this year when Adobe has programs that are Vista ready ...

WILLIE

Return to posts index

diggum
Re: DO NOT USE VISTA
on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:11:26 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for my absence. Getting busy around here as we're wrapping up work on some stuff.

Audition does run on Vista, although it turns off the Aero interface if you're using that. Once it's closed, Aero is re-enabled.

If you're using Vista and doing ANY performance-sensitive work (such as recording, video editing, etc) I highly recommend changing to the Basic Vista theme and NOT using Aero. We're seeing really incredibly poor performance problems with it on - some really random USB bus issues, screen drawing issues, etc - even using Windows own libraries on some pretty beefy systems.

I haven't spent too much time with 2.0 under Vista - but enough to say that it runs fine. The biggest problem is a new lack of drivers - a lot of the ASIO drivers that worked great in XP do not work or only partially work under Vista. Vista also changed the way applications see device channels, so you may notice some weirdness when setting up recording inputs.

Durin Gleaves
Adobe Audition

Return to posts index

Regie Rhodes
Re: DO NOT USE VISTA
on Feb 9, 2009 at 2:06:15 pm

I get the warning about the Asio thing - something about color but that does not bother me, just as long as I can use Adobe Audition 2.0.

What does bug me is the fact that I cannot extract from cd's like I could with XP. Is there a way around it - some hardware change that I can make inside Adobe that will solve that problem?

Thanks much,
Regie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]