FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roland DS-5 vs Behringer MS40?...

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimmybee500Roland DS-5 vs Behringer MS40?...
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 12:15:14 pm

Hi audio peeps,

I am an After Effects user who dabbles in Audition and PPro2 occasionally...I am looking at SPDIF monitors to use with my Decklink Pro video I/O card and have narrowed it down to 2...

Roland DS-5 (@

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Roland DS-5 vs Behringer MS40?...
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 1:50:42 pm

OK, I have found Behringer's spec's to be highly over rated ... Let's face it how can someone put a piece of equipment out for half the price and claim that they have the spec's that they do ... Behringer started off wanting Mackie's market and talked all this wonderful BS about same spec's but if you were to pull a unit apart you would find out that they have less parts and are not built with the same quality ... I would bite the bullet and go with the Roland's a company that strives for profection ... There isn't too many sound cards out there that don't support SPDIF so I think you are good to go ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

jimmybee500Re: Roland DS-5 vs Behringer MS40?...
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 3:27:30 pm

Thanks Willie, I was going to try just go straight for the Rolands anyway and if my boss says 'too much' then Behringers were my backup. Behringer not upto much then? I thought they were suppossed to be pretty good...are they a bunch of pretenders then!? ;-)

So, just to clarify - looking at the specs, do they *APPEAR* to be very similar products? I have mimimal experience with audio, but they looked very similar technically. Obviously the Rolands are the better product though..

Return to posts index

jimmybee500Re: Roland DS-5 vs Behringer MS40?...
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 3:31:05 pm

Thanks Willie, I was going to try just go straight for the Rolands anyway and if my boss says 'too much' then Behringers were my backup. Behringer not upto much then? I thought they were suppossed to be pretty good...are they a bunch of pretenders then!? ;-)

So, just to clarify - looking at the specs, do they *APPEAR* to be very similar products? I have mimimal experience with audio, but they looked very similar technically. Obviously the Rolands are the better product though..

OT - thinking into the future - when our facility goes HD, then it will obviously open up 5.1 sound, etc. This is probably not a massive consideration for me, being mainly gfx (and quick fix audio guy) but what are my best monitoring options if we were using 5.1? Obviously I want whatever I buy now to be adaptable and as future proof as poss...could I add more pairs of DS-5's and a sub later on for a bigger setup, or is it the kind of thing where you would have a specific 5.1 speaker set?

Thanks for your advice.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Roland DS-5 vs Behringer MS40?...
by on Jan 2, 2007 at 4:50:37 pm

Under ideal conditions I am sure that Behringer was able to get the spec's listed but I wouldn't count on them for their production units ... I haven't really messed with 5.1 so I really can't help you there, sorry ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]