FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF Import-Adobe says yes, reality says no

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rojan_Man
AAF Import-Adobe says yes, reality says no
on Jan 1, 2007 at 7:42:02 pm

Adobe's website clearly states that it accepts AAF Imports. I have included a link to the page that says so, along with the portion that does. Yet, I have an embedded AAF file, and it will not accept the import. Am I doing something wrong, or is Adobe wrong?

"AAF and EDL import/export
Exchange project metadata with major video, film, and audio applications via industry-standard Advanced Authoring Format (AAF), AAF with Edit Protocol, and Edit Decision List (EDL) files."

http://www.adobe.com/products/productionstudio/overview2.html

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: AAF Import-Adobe says yes, reality says no
on Jan 1, 2007 at 8:43:58 pm

When you first install the program you have a page that comes up and it shows you what file extensions Audition will look at ... There are defaults but some of them you have to select at that time ... I always select the "all" option ... I suspect that this is your problem so I would uninstall and reinstall and when this page comes up I would select the all option ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

diggum
on Jan 26, 2007 at 11:40:40 pm

Hi Rojan_Man,

The section that describes the EDL and AAF import functionality is labeled as part of the Premiere Pro functionality. Premiere Pro can import EDL and AAF files for use in video projects, but these aren't features currently supported in Audition.

You could open these in Premiere Pro, then use the "Edit in Audition" command to work on the specific audio data, however.

Return to posts index

Michael Rooney
on May 5, 2009 at 3:40:32 pm

For import & export functionality including EDL & ADL to and from Adobe Audition you should probably check out this site.

http://www.aatranslator.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]