FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition End-of-Life?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jbrogers
Audition End-of-Life?
on Dec 30, 2006 at 9:54:41 pm

I've seen the news about SoundBooth, and am glad that Adobe is heading back toward usability and simplicity. But have they publicly acknowledged any of the Audition 2.0 problems (see the rest of this forum) and plans to address them, or is Soundbooth the intended solution? I can hardly imagine Adobe funding two audio concurrent audio app projects, so is Audition just on life-support from now on? Is the path forward intended to be SoundBooth?

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Audition End-of-Life?
on Dec 30, 2006 at 11:47:31 pm

With Adobe's apparent lack of interest to correct the problems in 2.0 one has to wonder what is in the future ... I will still use 1.5 regardless ... What I see is that Adobe purchased Cool Edit with all good intent but soon realized that the program was too much for the target market they wanted to hit with their video editing package ... I know one thing for sure I can't feel enough gratitude for learning audio first ... You can shoot the best footage ever but without audio of equal quality you might as well burn the footage ... Here on the forum I see that a good number of people are looking for the quick fix, but with audio there isn't a lot of them and for some reason people just are not willing to put in the time ... Hence the coming of soundbooth, a watered down audio program that Adobe will push to increase sales of their video editing package ... This comes on the heals of hearing that they just purchased Serious Magic makers of Ultra 2 and DV Rack ... It's pretty apparent that Adobe wants to be the Microsoft of Media Arts technology whether this is a good thing we shall see but for now I have a feeling that Audition as we know it today may get lost in the battle ... All I can say at this point is hang onto your copies of 1.5 and for Adobe, STAY AWAY FROM SMARTSOUND ... Have a great New Year everyone ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]