FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still can't hear audio out

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
creatureteacher
Still can't hear audio out
on Dec 27, 2006 at 6:51:44 pm

I had posted this a week ago, thanks all who responded. i've checked every setting I could find, including the windows mixer settings, the device settings, device order and whatever else i could find but I stlll can't hear the output of audition. Audio is there, I see the meters bouncing but nada from the speakers.
I'm running 4.6 with mojo on an approved xw 8200 system with the audigy card. In audigy the card shows up as one of the devices I would like to use in the edit screen but no sound. I must be missing something so simple and obvious.
Ralph

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Still can't hear audio out
on Dec 27, 2006 at 7:53:07 pm

Ralph,

There is a box you need to check in the device order window, it says "use this device for edit window" or something to that effect ... It is on the device playback page ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

creatureteacher
on Dec 28, 2006 at 2:42:43 pm

Willie,
Yes the box is checked. I was wondering, if the mojo should appear in the list of devices. I only see the audigy card and wave mapper as choices. Other than that, I've checked everything I can think of. I have one of those foxpro learn audition even if your dumb books while it's been helpful, I may go thru the manual again. There HAS to be something so simple I've missed.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 28, 2006 at 2:47:11 pm

Yes, the Mojo has to be listed ... You will see a page listed as REWIRE on the DEVICE properties page you should be able to get Audition to see the Mojo by doing a rewire ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

creatureteacher
on Dec 28, 2006 at 8:01:42 pm

Thanks Willie. I knew I was dense but this takes the cake. I simply plugged an audio cable from the sound card into a speaker and ...audio. I was so focused on mojo I overlooked the obvious. I'll check out the rewire thing. I'm sort of in a bind cause i have to deliver a project on friday and the guy who shot the "executive message" really messed up the audio. I have to try to remove hiss and a/c noise. Probably would have been cleaner in a parking lot. At least I can read my dummy book and figure out how to do it. I understand all you need is a few frames of the background and thru some magical process remove that set of frequencies on the whole clip.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 29, 2006 at 1:41:23 am

Noise removal can be a pain ... If you have any problems you can E-mail me a sample of a minute or so to loganonestudio@aol.com and I will see about getting you on track ... It is usually the simple stuff that trashes our brains the most .... WILLIE

Return to posts index

creatureteacher
on Dec 29, 2006 at 4:07:58 pm

Willie,
I managed to do it! Who said old guys can't do this stuff. Actually the dummy book was quite helpful. Thanks for the offer of help. I have another cut to fix, I may take you up on it. Have a happy new year and thanks again

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 29, 2006 at 5:12:04 pm

Being a burnt out left over from the 60's I kind of feel that us old guys need to stick together ... Glad it all worked out for you ... Have a safe New Year ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]