FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Jumping on playback

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Jay
Audio Jumping on playback
on Dec 27, 2006 at 12:33:20 pm

Hi, Thanks Willie for your help in setting up the recording gear - it has worked a treat and it recorded the song perfectly!!!

I now have the composition in audition with about 6 audio tracks but if I play it back it jumps in places, not the same places every time and sometimes worse than others??? I can't work out what it is and it's not on the original recorded audio as they play in media centre fine and the jumping isn't in the same place.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be???

Thanks

Richard

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Audio Jumping on playback
on Dec 27, 2006 at 2:16:21 pm

Richard,

Are you using 2.0 or 1.5 ... 2.0 has issues ... Does it jump on the edit side? Do you have any mixers set up on any tracks in the session side, if so turn them off and see what happens ... I am pleased to hear that you are moving forward ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 27, 2006 at 6:07:13 pm

Hey Willie, Hope you had a good Christmas!! Yeah, it's v2.0 i'm using and by mixers do you mean have I adjusted the slider levels on each track because yes I have. How do I turn them off??

Thanks, Richard.

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 27, 2006 at 6:47:47 pm

Hi Willie, (amendment to previous post....)

I have found a drop down menu at the top of each slider, reads read/write etc. and I set them all to off and I think it has stopped the jumping, but of course it doesn't sound right now.....

Is there any way around this??

Thanks

Rich

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 27, 2006 at 7:40:23 pm

Hi again Willie, sorry about all these different answers - It still jumps almost in the form of a pop even with that drop down menu set to off for all tracks?????

Have I turned them off correctly or do you think it may be something else??

Cheers

Rich

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 27, 2006 at 7:49:20 pm

Richard,

I feel your problem may be 2.0 ... Do you have 1.5? If not I may be able to E-mail it to you ... I would have to look at 2.0 to make sure I am on the same page as you, but I think you just had the gain adjusted and not any EQ or effects ... The gain shouldn't affect your playback ... Try doing a mixdown and see if you have the same problem on the edit side ... I am at work right now so I won't be able to get to my computer till this afternoon ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 27, 2006 at 9:00:58 pm

Cheers Willie. I had the sliders adjusted mainly down on backing vocal tracks etc. and I have various effects on each track such as reverb or chorus but have done nothing with the eq settings.

I have just switched that pull down menu on the master fader to off and it played fine, turned it back on and it played fine again - done a mixdown and all is fine????

But who knows what will happen tomorrow with it!!!!! I need to sort out the cause as I have another couple of tracks to record.

Are Adobe aware of this, I guess they are - is nobody using v2 at the moment or does it only happen on some setups?? It really isn't the kind of thing you can live with and the adobe sample that loads on first run after install plays OK????

If the problem comes back i'll let you know and maybe I could try V1.5 and see what happens - is it much different to v2.0 as I am just about getting used to this one!!!

Thanks again for your help,

Rich

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 28, 2006 at 12:20:02 am

Rich,

OK, your problem is caused by the effects you are using on the tracks ... Suggestion ... Wait till you are done recording before you start applying effects ... The difference between 1.5 and 2.0 is that 1.5 works much better ... It will still bog down when you add real time effects on the tracks but it has far less problems then 2.0 ... I am getting the feeling that Adobe doesn't really care since they are coming out with their watered down version of the program ... Write if you have anymore problems ... If you want 1.5 let me know and I can upload it to my website at loganonestudio.com ... Enjoy ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 28, 2006 at 10:04:57 am

Hi Willie, That sucks a bit really that Adobe don't care.

I think I may try 1.5 if you wouldn't mind, do you know of any other software that would be better than Audition for doing this??? Will 1.5 open 2.0 sessions??

Cheers again for your help, I'll let you have a copy of the finished song when it is all sorted!!!

Regards and Happy 2007

Richard

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 28, 2006 at 2:30:32 pm

Richard,

I am uploading files now the files are large and it will take awhile, (I am in PACIFIC STANDARD TIME) it should finish posting after noon my time ... Once you go the my site you will find the links on the audio page ... You will have to install Cool Edit 2.0 first because I only purchased the upgrade on 1.5 ... Serial numbers are in the autorun.inf files ... Cool Edit 2.0 had major issues also so I am thinkin there is a 2.0 curse that plagues the 2.0 versions ... The difference is that syntrillium fixed C. E. 2.0 within a couple of months of it's release then Adobe purchased the program ... You will find that it has a totally different look but is much more user friendly than 2.0 ... Yes, I believe you can open 2.0 session in 1.5 but you can't open 1.5 sessions in 2.0 ... 2.0 will automatically modify 1.5 sessions however so no big deal ... Let me know if you have any trouble ... I just started building my site so it's still under construction ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 28, 2006 at 5:00:19 pm

Cheers Willie, I'll try that. I have downloaded it now, so you can remove them off your site if you need to.

Have you ever tried Pro Tools or I also have Ableton Live Lite that came free with my M-Audio sound card. Do you know if either are any good - I got a Pro Tools-M Powered v7 demo that came with the card aswell. It was an M-Audio 2496 PCI Card - usually bundled software is naff so I didn't install it....

Cheers

Richard

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 28, 2006 at 5:19:01 pm

Richard,

I think you should wait awhile and try to download again, according to my site builder I have only uploaded half the files ... Pro Tools, not user friendly and any "free" software is going to have the quality that Audition does ... I would stick with Audition if it were me ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Richard Jay
on Dec 28, 2006 at 8:05:36 pm

Cheers Willie, I did have a problem unpacking the files just now - I will try again with the download.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Dec 29, 2006 at 1:41:58 am

Richard,

Were you able to get the download?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]