FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing vocals from a song

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ishmael01
Removing vocals from a song
on Nov 13, 2006 at 3:24:28 pm

I was wondering how to remove all the vocals from a song/track to make it instrumental only. When I upload a song into audition 2.0 and select multi-track, it does not create the differnet layers (bass, vocals, eyboard, etc) for me to mute. I'm not sure if I using the correct lingo here (layers), but can someone please help.

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Removing vocals from a song
on Nov 13, 2006 at 3:31:30 pm

You actually have to have the multi-track recording. In other words, the recording with each instrument and vocal on its own track.

Most commercial recordings, which I suspect is what you are trying to remove vocals from, are "mastered" recordings wherein all the various tracks have been mixed and mastered down to the consumer's stereo or 5.1, etc., version. Most times, it is all the instruments and voices mixed to the left/right stereo channels.

So the only way you can do this, is to find a plug-in somewhere that isolates based on frequencies -- one that that has been optimised to recognise the register of the human voice. I am not aware of one right at the moment but I am sure such a thing exists. I have never had to do this, so I haven't bumped into it yet but I know it's out there...

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Removing vocals from a song
on Nov 13, 2006 at 3:54:57 pm

A mixed piece of music won't show the tracks or layers ... If you are lucky enough to have the vocals all centered you may be able to use the CENTER CHANNEL EXTRACTION TOOL you can find it under EFFECTS > FILTERS > CENTER CHANNEL EXTRACT ... I have found this application not to be very effective in most cases but you never know ... It would be nice at times if you could pull up layers like Sonic 4 Pro, but it's not a perfect world by any means ... Good luck with your project ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]