FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Recording

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PeterH
Basic Recording
on Oct 29, 2006 at 4:36:29 am

Hi all, okay so I have recorded tracks in Audition 1.5 and everything sounds great. Next time that I try this I lay down track one, then track two, and now the problem. Track two also recorded track one at the same time, and track three now also records tracks one and two and so on. This never happened before so I'm thinking it has something to do with the settings. I'm checking out the video tutorials but could anyone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks...Peter

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Basic Recording
on Oct 29, 2006 at 5:34:30 pm

Go to OPTIONS > DEVICE ORDER and check your in and out ... Check at the right side of the track to see what you have set for ins and outs ... Are you using a mixer, you may have something crossed up there if you are .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

PeterH
on Oct 29, 2006 at 5:46:19 pm

Thanks Willie, I'll check that out!

Thanks...Peter

Return to posts index

PeterH
on Oct 29, 2006 at 9:05:09 pm

Hi Willie, checked all that stuff. I have now done a complete re install of AA 1.5 and reset all the defaults on my sound card, which by the way is a full duplex card. For some reason when I record on any other track it not only records what's coming through the line in, but whatever else is playing on track one.Example:

What I want What I get

Track 1: Drums Track 1: Drums
Track 2: Bass Track 2: Bass (+ Drums)
Track 3: Guitar Track 3: Guitar (+ Drums + Bass)
Track 4: Vocals Track 4: Vocals (+ Drums + Bass + Guitar)

Thanks...Peter

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Oct 30, 2006 at 3:57:28 pm

Peter,

Are you using an outboard mixing board? I am sure it's a signal path problem and not a program problem ... When you record a new track how loud are the other tracks that were previously recorded on the new track? If it is not real loud it could be a bleed through ... How loud are your headphones turned up, if it's loud your mic will pick them up ... You could be getting crosstalk from your amplfier as well ... If you want to send me a short piece of one track to listen to that may help ... If you do you can E-mail it to loganonestudio@aol.com .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

syhprum
on Nov 3, 2006 at 10:39:51 am

I was running into the same problem. What worked for me was going into the windows sound card Recording Control and selecting the Microphone for recording NOT the Stereo Mixer (since all my inputs were runing through the mic input, this worked). If you have a more sophisticated soundcard that has RCA inputs and you are using those, then select those under Recording Control. I am using 2.0.

dwb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]