FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback cursor help? Any Ideas

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Editor ArnoldPlayback cursor help? Any Ideas
by on Oct 20, 2006 at 11:06:46 am

Hi

Im currently doing a bit of sound editing in audition and was wondering in the settings menu or elsewheres, if there is a way to stop the cursor exactly at the point when you hit the space bar during playback - rather than it going back to the yellow line....? I dont know if i've missed something really simple but i want it to be like video editing software when you hit the space bar it stops dead.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Playback cursor help? Any Ideas
by on Oct 20, 2006 at 12:48:01 pm

You can do a ctrl+shift+space (which you can change if you go to OPTIONS > KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS > TRANSPORT/PLAY ALL/PAUSE TOGGLE, or use your mouse and hit pause on the transport at the bottom left of the screen ... Personally I am old school and use the mouse ................ EILLIE

Return to posts index

Editor ArnoldRe: Playback cursor help? Any Ideas
by on Oct 20, 2006 at 2:03:41 pm

Excellent - im editing sound for an animation and its alot easyier to pause now.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Oct 20, 2006 at 2:04:46 pm

Glad I could help ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

videoassetsRe: Playback cursor help? Any Ideas
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 8:12:25 pm

Willie,

I wondered about that one too! I have one navigation question I've not been able to figure out. If the timeline view doesn't show the whole file, how can I get it to autoscroll on playback and not stop at the end of the view?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2006 at 2:04:23 am

You can use the ZOOM controls at the bottom next to the transport controls to allow you to see your whole wave file ...... WILLIE

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2006 at 2:25:50 am

Thanks Willie. So what you're saying is that unless the entire file is visible, it will stop playing. That really seems awkward in that most timelines will scrol.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2006 at 2:37:14 am

OK, I got it. I assigned a keyboard command for the play all function. That keyboard assignment menu is a bit hard to find, but very helpful.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 5, 2006 at 9:39:17 pm

COOL ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]