FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition Timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rastus WashingtonAudition Timeline?
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 5:42:43 am

Hi:

I posted about this quite some time ago but it still bothers me.

When I hit the space bar for the timeline to stop playing, the play indicator returns back to the original start location. I would like it to stop and remain at that position when I hit the space bar.

I learned in my previous post that option is not available. Not that it matters, but to satisfy my own curiosity, does anyone else find this annoying? My current method of editing is I play the timeline and when I hear something that needs changing I stop and have to hunt and peck to find the spot I was already at.

The purpose for the post is to ask (& learn) how various people navigate when editing in the timeline. What do you consider to be the most efficient way to do this?

Thanks,
Rastus

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Audition Timeline?
by on Sep 26, 2006 at 11:36:10 am

All you have to do is use the mouse and click on the pause button and it stops where you want it to ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

dafulkRe: Audition Timeline?
by on Oct 12, 2006 at 5:47:05 pm

I had a similar question recently and Wille suggested I use the cue function. It's shortcut F8. As you play the timeline you can hit F8 and it will place a cue at that point. I have been editing with the cue window open and it's a simple thing to stop using the space bar and hit the auto play for the cue you just entered and the timeline will play from that point. Then it's easy to move your cursor to that point the select your edit. Play with the cue function. It'll speed up your edit and lessen your frustration.

The pause button is a good solution too, but it requires hitting it with the mouse and I am usually late with that method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]