FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soften a harsh DV recording

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PeterTSoften a harsh DV recording
by on Sep 25, 2006 at 8:30:44 am

Ive been supplied a presentation video on PAL-DV (25). Often the audio levels are way low (like -50dB RMS) but in this case the audio is just incredably harsh. The wave form is just a thick band in the middle between +/- 16 dB but it's not excessively clipped to this range, the average RMS is relative high a -27dB.. it just sounds loud and HARSH. Its likely the AV company made the audio at the event sound okay but just didnt pay any attention to the audio recorded by the DV camera as a feed (its notambient from the cameras mic) from their mixer, the camera was probably a domestic or 'semi' pro grade DV shot on mini-DV.. I captured it via firewire (Matrox RTX100-DV) 48KHZ 16bit stero so levels were not tweaked here, its just how it was recorded...

I have tried EQ's but it just muffles the sound..

Could anyone point me in the direction of process/filters in Audtion 1.0 to try.. I appreciate its tricky without hearing it or seeing the wave form.. but any sugestion would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers,
Peter
(Upgrading to Audition 2.0 but not recieved it yet)

Smile it can't be that bad!

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Soften a harsh DV recording
by on Sep 25, 2006 at 10:43:32 am

Peter,

If you could E-mail me about a min of your wave file I will see if I can get you pointed in the right direction ... Even if the wave doesn't appear to go into saturation, it may well have done so when it was recorded ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com .... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]