FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio files not saving in AA 1.5

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wyatt06audio files not saving in AA 1.5
by on Sep 24, 2006 at 8:18:48 pm

When I edit files in Audition 1.5 and 'save' the file, I watch the blue bar for a minute or so while it saves the file..what I just found out is that for some weeks now all my editing was not saved at all.

I activated the software when I first installed it.
This morning I went to 'add/remove programs' and repaired the software. Then brought up a file and hard limited it...saved it..brought it back up, and nothing is being saved.

I just lost months of work and am really bummed.

If anyone can help me sort this out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Wyatt06

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: audio files not saving in AA 1.5
by on Sep 24, 2006 at 9:20:31 pm

Wyatt,

In all the years I have been using this program I have never seen this problem before ... I would check all your file paths and I would do more than just do a repair, I would completely uninstall and reinstall ... Let us know what you have found ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Wyatt06Re: audio files not saving in AA 1.5
by on Sep 24, 2006 at 10:05:53 pm

I will try that. There's one other possiblity that ocurred to me:

Previous to installing 1.5 I had the tryout version. I removed that before installing 1.5, but am
wondering if there might have been something left in the registry that could cause a problem?

Its going to take days to go back and determine exactly when it stopped working. I have been archiving
speech tapes onto CD and have not had the occaision to go back and listen to each CD comparatively. Looks
like I will have to now.

Meantime I'll reinstall and at least see if this will begin to work properly again.

Thanks for your reply,
Wyatt

Return to posts index

by on Sep 25, 2006 at 12:11:58 am

WILLIE,

I removed it from my system and did a fresh install. No change to report, and that surprises me a lot.
It is using a secondary temp file as it should, and I have no plug-ins associated with it.

The installation did not prompt me to register with Adobe.

I have not had a problem recording, and as recently as a month ago I recall making changes on an
original recording that did save and burn to CD.

It will take some time to find exactly when this problem began, and whether recordings I made last January and worked on in, say April or later are any good or not.

This has been a real downer for me, and I do appreciate your response,

Wyatt

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: audio files not saving in AA 1.5
by on Sep 25, 2006 at 10:40:48 am

Wyatt,

I can totally relate to your delema I have lost hard drives before and hours worth of work ... The reason Audition didn't promt you to register is that it remembers the info ... If I were you I would not only uninstall from the add and remove programs but next I would do a search for any files and folders relating to Audition and delete those as well ... I think you are right that something is lingering from the demo ... Let me know what you find out ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

by on Sep 26, 2006 at 7:26:59 pm

Latest:

I uninstalled aa1.5 again, and this time ran a registry cleaner before reinstallation. Program installed, but never prompted me to register.

After 3 days of trying without success to initiate an email with tech support, and 2 days of not being able to get through to anyone via telephone, I checked my acount and it doesn't show *any* products registered to me. Telephone says my customer # isn't in their system, [and I have that on a printout I did months ago from them].

So I am at a loss for now. I guess their new system upgrade must have them swamped with calls.

I'll keep trying, but I have spent the last 3 days on this and am running out of gas.
Wyatt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]