bige502
VOCALS IN THE SUB
on Sep 22, 2006 at 12:44:08 pm

HOW CAN I PREVENT MY VOCALS FROM PLAYING IN THE SUB AFTER THE MIXDOWN

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: VOCALS IN THE SUB
on Sep 22, 2006 at 12:48:21 pm

I am asuming you are talking sub mix ... You just simply mute the vocals by clicking on the green "M" on the left side of the vocal track and then do the mixdown ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

bige502
on Sep 22, 2006 at 12:54:22 pm

WHAT IVE DONE IS I'VE LOADED A FINISHED TRACK THAT I'VE DONE WITH ANOTHER PROGRAM THAT I WANT TO ADD VOCAL TO I RECORD MY VOCAL TRACK BY TRACK AND THEY END UP PLAYING IN THE SUB IS THERE ANYWAY TO LEVEL THE VOCALS TO WHERE THEY PLAY ONLY IN THE MID AND HIGH RANGE

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 22, 2006 at 1:34:36 pm

When you say "PLAYING IN THE SUB MIX" does this mean you hear the sub mix on the vocal track? If this is the case how do you listen to your music track when you are recording your vocals ... It really isn't clear to me what you are wanting to do when you say "ANYWAY TO LEVEL THE VOCALS TO WHERE THEY PLAY ONLY IN THE MID AND HIGH RANGE" Do you mean that you want to hear just the low and high harmony vocals or do you want your vocals EQed to low and high end ... As I said before if you don't want to hear a track you can simply mute it ... Sorry for any confusion on my part I just need a bit more detail and I am sure I can help ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

BIGE502
on Sep 22, 2006 at 1:51:43 pm

OK THE CONFUSION MIGHT BE ON MY PART HERES THE DEAL IM ADDING VOCALS TO AN MP3 I LOAD MY MP3 INTO TRACK 1 AND I LAY MY VOCALS ON TRACK 2, TRACK 3, ETC. NOW AFTER I RECORD ALL MY VOCALS I MIX IT DOWN WHEN I MIX IT DOWN AND TAKE A LISTEN ON A BIGGER SYSTEM I CAN HEAR MY VOCALS PLAYING IN THE SUB IS THERE A WAY I CAN EQ MY VOCAL TRACKS TO WHERE THEY ONLY PLAY IN THE MID AND HIGH RANGE? AGAIN THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 22, 2006 at 3:10:05 pm

When you say "SUB" are you talking low end or bass? Yes,I would use the parametric EQ in the filter menu ... There are presets to give you a starting point then you can adjust from there ... In the future I highly recommend that you not use MP 3 format as it's a compressed format and you compromise the quality of your recording ... EQ your vocal tracks before you mixdown ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

drumrob
on Sep 22, 2006 at 6:11:40 pm

A typical place where the subwoofer crossover point on stereo systems is 125 Hz. Just use the graphic equalizer and roll off all frequencies below 125 Hz and your vocals should not end up being heard in the subwoofer.

Have fun!

Rob

Return to posts index

bige502
on Sep 22, 2006 at 8:45:13 pm

thanks alot guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]