FORUMS: list search recent posts

Warming Filter for "Cold" recording

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David-at-ARTSCAPEWarming Filter for "Cold" recording
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 6:04:29 pm

Is there an Audition 2.0 filter that will "warm up" a cold, echo-y recording of a phone conversation?

Make the voices sound warmer, less brittle.

Thanks very much!

David

David Lemberg
Executive Producer, ARTSCAPE
http://www.artscapemedia.com

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Warming Filter for "Cold" recording
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 7:34:37 pm

I would experiment with the parametric eq ... I would add some bottom end and take out some high end ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

David-at-ARTSCAPERe: Warming Filter for "Cold" recording
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 8:50:34 pm

Willie -- Thank you very much!

I'll get to work and check out this solution.

David

Return to posts index

by on Sep 20, 2006 at 2:45:20 pm

Lee,

On this kind of pop you need to use the "remove single noise" filter in spectral view instead of the click and pop on the whole wave ... Please send it to me and I will see if I can help from my end ... I do have issue with 2.0 and won't use it until Adobe cleans it up a bit ... Do you have 1.5 or access to it? Later ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

by on Sep 20, 2006 at 2:48:15 pm

OPPS sorry for the last post meant to respond to the "occasional Pop" post Brain Dead I guess ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

wagnerelectroRe: Warming Filter for "Cold" recording
by on Oct 11, 2006 at 2:11:30 pm

You have to be careful with your noise reduction as well. If you eliminate all noise, you will strip a few frequencies out of the voice as well, which will give the voice a flat, mechanical sound. On thing you can do in the noise reduction panel is to toggle between "Remove noise" and "Keep only noise" in the "Noise reduction settings" area. When you listen to "noise only", you will hear some voice in there, and you can better judge how much of that you want to filter out.

If you are in a rush, try going to Quick Filter>Final Settings>Bass Boost. That can warm things up. Monkeying around with Low Pass settings on the Scientific Filters is another way to do it in a jiffy, with ok results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]