FORUMS: list search recent posts

Occasional "pops"

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee SchneiderOccasional "pops"
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 3:26:54 am

When recording voice overs I'm getting an occasional click/pop in the file. I'll get about 1 per minute & it really takes up a lot of time having to go back & remove them. This is on the raw file right after I record it & before any effects/compression/eq is added. I'm using an external USB audio pre amp (Lexicon Omega). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lee

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Occasional "pops"
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 1:17:01 pm

Forgive me but I need to ask, are you using a pop filter on the mic? What is the volume you are recording at? Is this a new system? If it's not and the problem has just started have you added any new equipment to the system? It would be helpful to be able to hear it for myself so if you want please E-mail me a minute or so to loganonestudio@aol.com ................ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Lee SchneiderRe: Occasional "pops"
by on Sep 20, 2006 at 1:54:26 pm

Willie,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm using a pop filter, and I'm well below clipping levels. What is interestng is that when in edit mode, I can zoom into the exact spot the click occurs & there are no spikes in the wave form. I can use the click/pop eliminator to take care of the majority of the problem, but it does mess with the signal around it a bit. I'll email a short clip to you when I can... I greatly appreciate the offer. I have recently installed Audition & this has been happening since the first time I've used it.

Lee

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Occasional "pops"
by on Sep 20, 2006 at 2:46:08 pm

Lee,

On this kind of pop you need to use the "remove single noise" filter in spectral view instead of the click and pop on the whole wave ... Please send it to me and I will see if I can help from my end ... I do have issue with 2.0 and won't use it until Adobe cleans it up a bit ... Do you have 1.5 or access to it? Later ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]