FORUMS: list search recent posts

why mixdown is longer?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sempoo
why mixdown is longer?
on Sep 11, 2006 at 9:54:34 am

Hello Users

I have recently been mixing some short ads for TV and radio.

problem: final mixdown IS longer than the longest track in session (few to tens of secs)

software: Audition 1.5
number of tracks: 2-6
type of tracks: audio (wave pcm, 48/16, mono and stereo)
track's contents: music, voice
session format: 48kHz
session length: varies from 15-120s
session details: all tracks have standard EQ turned on (eq from mixer), all tracks are routed to additional bus ("master channel"), there are VST plugins inserted into master ch. - VST from Audition 2.0: EQ & Dynamics (with compressor and limiter option ticked)
final mixdown: 48/16, stereo

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: why mixdown is longer?
on Sep 11, 2006 at 11:11:52 am

When you say "longer" is the actual clip longer or do you have some space at the front end or the back? When I edit a sequence in P Pro I will export the audio and then edit it in Audition ... Once edited I do a mixdown and replace the original audio with the mixdown and have never ran into a problem like you are having ... I can't think of anything in the settings that could cause it either ... I am leaning toward space at the front or backside which can be taken care of by a simple highlight and cut while on the edit side before you save ... Let me know if this is the problem, if not I will try and find a solution .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Sempoo
on Sep 12, 2006 at 10:43:06 am

Longer means here: silence added at the end of mixdown, NOT time stretched.
How much silence?
The longest track in session is 30.000s (1440004 samples) while mixdown is 30.032s (what is 1536 samples more).
I also noticed, that when I turn off VST - the mixdown is much more close to the longest track - it is not 1536 samples longer, but let's say 30-50.
I understand real-time latency, but why there is no VST delay compensation WHEN rendering?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 12, 2006 at 12:09:48 pm

I haven't experienced it, but as long as it's just silence delete it and move on ... I am thinking it may not be VST but the way you have your session set up, make sure you don't have any unwanted silence at the end or the begining of each track ... If there is any black between the zero point and the start of the track this will cause it ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Sempoo
on Sep 12, 2006 at 12:51:10 pm

There is *no silence* anywhere - all tracks start perfectly at 0:00.000 (even at 0 samples).

It is rather theoretical problem (mixing in DAW - only "numbers"?), but for creating seamless loops it IS important.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 12, 2006 at 2:35:38 pm

Sorry must have miss read your post, (being a brain dead burn out it happens)... I am at a loss here since I have not ran into this before ... Did you contact Adobe, not that they are much help, but at least it's worth a shot ... I will keep checking on my end and see if I can get any answers ... I do know that a simular anomily happens when you mixdown to MP 3 ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]