FORUMS: list search recent posts

In and Out points

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dafulk
In and Out points
on Sep 8, 2006 at 6:43:06 pm

I am a video editor trying to learn the editing functions of Audition. In video editing programs, (I use AVID), in order to cut out a section you put an "in point" at the begining and an "out point" at the end and delete it. In audition I have to drag from the cursor to highlight a section and hit delete. That's difficult for long sections or when you try to modify the selection. I keep loosing the original point and have to go back and start over. Is there a way to put an "in point" and "out point" on the timeline that stay there until the section is deleted or you move them?

Thanks,

Duane

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: In and Out points
on Sep 8, 2006 at 7:07:44 pm

Along the top you will see a button that you can hit that will give you a que mark, just place your cursor where you want the que to be and hit the button ... It sounds like you are doing this on the edit side, I think it would be easier on the session side ... Just highlight the section and right click on it ... When the menu comes up just hit cut and it will remove the section ... You will have to move the section to the right over to match it but that cut will always be there ... Once you have it all edited you do a mixdown of the edited track ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

dafulk
on Sep 12, 2006 at 1:58:03 pm

Thanks Willie. That all makes since. However maybe I wasn't clear on what I'm trying to accomplish. If I have selected a section of the track by dragging from the curser forward for, say 1:00, and I want to hear just the last :15 of the selected track to make sure I'm at the end edit point I can't play from that point without loosing my in point. The cue point you suggested might work but I haven't had a chance to work on it yet. So, is there a way to play from anywhere in a selected area and keep the in and out points that are selected?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Sep 12, 2006 at 2:38:14 pm

Once you move the cursor again it will loose the highlight and to my knowlege this can't be changed ... Cue marks will do what you want to accomplish ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

dafulk
on Sep 12, 2006 at 6:35:40 pm

Thanks, I'll try it that way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]