FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help this wretched amateur

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davies
Help this wretched amateur
on Aug 30, 2006 at 3:12:46 am

I recorded a memorial service for a friend. There was incredible crowd noise and all I have is the on camera mic on my consumer camera.

Needless to say, it sounds pretty bad.

A reshoot is completely out for obvious reasons.

I've posted a sample at http://www.montrosehillsystems.com/audio.wav

I've tried the graphic equalizer and noise reduction filter. I'm guessing that neither works too well because I'm trying to filter out a voice from a crowd of voices.

It doesn't have to be great, but I'd like it to be better and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Help this wretched amateur
on Aug 30, 2006 at 11:57:37 am

John,

The only way you can even improve the sound and then it's going to be minimal, is to highlight and amplify each individual word spoken, sorry ... The problem is everything is within the same frequency's so by removing the crowd noise you remove the speaker ... I wish there was an easier way but I don't know of any .............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

leeoverstreet
on Oct 7, 2006 at 8:53:51 am

Take the inverse of a center channel cut and see what you get (center channel extractor, filtered for female voice in this case). Your speaker is in the middle so you can at least cut out the voices on the left and right. Since your speaker is the loudest voice (although not by much) you can also do a bit of dynamic processing to expand any part of the signal above about -15db. It's not magic, but it'll help some. I tried it on your sample, and can e-mail you the results if you like.

Return to posts index

John Davies
on Oct 8, 2006 at 9:54:27 pm

Please send it to jtdavies@bigfoot.com

I'm interested in hearing how good it will sound so I can try to duplicate the improvement.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]