FORUMS: list search recent posts

noise reduction

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin Gonzales
noise reduction
on Aug 28, 2006 at 10:59:55 pm

Hi:

I've got Audition 2.0 and I'm brand new to it. I need to know if I can import a voice over clip to reduce some wind noise. Does Audition have that feature to it? If not can you recomend any other program for PC that is good at reducing wind noise?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

drummermylo
Re: noise reduction
on Aug 28, 2006 at 11:11:28 pm

Select a portion of the wavefile that has some windnoise that you want to get rid of. Make sure it only has the noise you want to get rid of and no other good sound. Right click on that portion then select "capture noise reduction profile".
Once you've done this, highlight the entire track (in edit view) that has the noise you want to get rid of. Then go to "Effects" then to "Restoration" and then click "Noise Reduction". You can mess with the levels or simply click "OK" to hear what it sounds like. This should get rid of it for you.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: noise reduction
on Aug 29, 2006 at 1:53:01 am

Yes, you can take the wind noise out doing what was suggested, but the bummer is that because the wind covers so many of the same freq's that are in the voice you end up taking a lot of dynamic's out of the voice and it starts to sound like it has echo on it and gets very tinny sounding ... There is no real good solution except when you are recording outside and can bury a wireless inside a shirt to act as a mega windscreen ... On the recording you have take small chuncks out maybe starting at 50% then take out 40% and continue with the same proceedure as far as you can and still live with the sound ... I do a fishing program and have tried everything that my 9 years of working with Audition can think of and the only way is to make sure you record with every safeguard possible because it is near impossible to fix in post and still have it sound good ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]