FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clipping snare trouble

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drummermylo
Clipping snare trouble
on Aug 28, 2006 at 10:53:02 pm

I recorded my drums with my band together and am now in the mixing stage. My snare drum was registering mostly between -9 and -12 decibals (not close to clipping right?).
Now I'm trying to get the levels right but it seems the snare sounds too quiet compared to the rest of the mix. But if I bring up the levels at all it starts to clip. None of the other 8 tracks seem to be clipping so what can I do to stop my snare from clipping?

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Clipping snare trouble
on Aug 29, 2006 at 1:40:05 am

Problem number one is that you recorded the drums with the band, that is never a good thing if you want a quality mix ... In the futer have the band record with a simple drum track recorded from a drum machine that they can hear through headphones, then once you have that go back and record the drums ... Now to your problem ... You may be able to correct it with EQ ... What you have to do is get as close to the freq of the snair and boost just that freq ... This can be accomplished using the parametric EQ ... If you have problems and want to E-mail me a minute or so I can get you pointed in the right direction ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com .............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

drummermylo
Re: Clipping snare trouble
on Aug 29, 2006 at 8:33:35 am

Willie,

Thanks a lot for the tips... I'll definately try that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]