FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DigMeSourceSaving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 3:50:54 pm

I am constantly sampling music in audition and use the samples in a loop editor. I need my samples to be PERFECT. For years I've been saving my samples as wav files because when I save them as mp3's audition adds this very small amount of silence at the head/tail of the sample. This throws off my loops in my loop editor. Why does it do that? Can I change some sort of setting?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Saving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 4:56:40 pm

All you have to do is bring them back into the edit side, highlight and delete the silence and resave ... I will check and see were you need to look for setting changes so it won't do that ... I haven't had this experience at all so I am curious and will get back with you this evening when I have a chance to do some research ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

DigMeSourceRe: Saving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 5:08:04 pm

Thanks Willie.

The only thing that sux is that I do a HUGE amount of sampling, so going back and deleting those silent parts is a crappy extra step added to each file created. If you found a way to change this, it'd save me a huge amount of disk space! Thanks for your time.

Matt

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Saving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 5:34:42 pm

I will get back to you this evening

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2006 at 12:19:34 am

OK, here is what I found out ... When you go to save your file as an MP 3 you will see an "OPTIONS" tab at the bottom right side of the page, click on it ... Now look for the "ADVANCED" tab click on it ... Look for the scroll down window that says "ISO TAB" it will give you the option of selecting "NO TAB" ... I think that should take care of it, but if it shouldn't I would read the help file and experiment with the settings ... I hope this helps ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

DigMeSourceRe: Saving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file
by on Aug 17, 2006 at 3:07:19 am

Well, I have to say I was pretty excited about what you suggested, cause it sounded like it made sense. But still no luck. I'm gonna do some research to see if I can find anything to help. If you happen to figure it out though, pleeeease let me know. Thanks so much. Have a good evening.

Return to posts index

ctmanicRe: Saving as mp3's adds a small amount of silence at the head and tail of each file
by on Oct 25, 2006 at 7:43:43 pm

Did Anyone find a solution to this problem??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]