FORUMS: list search recent posts

lessening mystery noise

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruby Gold
lessening mystery noise
on Aug 14, 2006 at 10:08:18 pm

I usually do my own audio for interviews using wired lavs recorded onto mini-dv tape, but I had a crew shoot an interview for me and they used a wireless lav. The audio on the tape is riddled with a mystery noise while the interviewee speaks that sounds like the interviewee is breathy, e.g like there's wind on the tape at certain points, and her plosives (p sounds, etc) produce this noise too. I can't understand what created the problem, mic placement seems okay, level too, but... The thing that's strange is that it's not consistent--not all p-words produce the sound, nor is the breathy/wind sound consistent. Sucks, but I'm stuck with it.

Anyway, I'm at a loss to try and clean this up so it's not so distracting--have tried the pop-click eliminator and de-noising in Audition 1.5, but no improvment resulted.

I have PPro 1.5 and Audition 1.5. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
thanks-

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: lessening mystery noise
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:06:49 am

Ruby,

This has nothing to do with the wireless, but more the way the person spoke, a windscreen over the mic would have helped ... The solution will take a while but I think it will take care of it ... You need to go into view and switch to SPECTRAL VIEW highlight your pops one at a time and then hit REPAIR TRANSIENT located under farvorites, you have to make sure you don't highlight too large a piece otherwise it won't work ... If it still isn't getting the results that you are looking for E-mail me a minute or so and I will see if I can get you headed in the right direction ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com ... I wish there was a faster way but in my experience this is the best way ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ruby Gold
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:14:00 am

Thanks a lot Willie. I will try this out on the worst offenders and if it doesn't help, take you up on your offer.

take care-
Ruby

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:20:01 am

Ruby,

I hope you are successful, but if not I will be here until Thursday, I have a shoot in Montana .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Ruby Gold
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:24:21 am

Hmmm, tried it on one, and when I finally got the highlight small enough for it to accept it, it seemed to essentially remove the entire sound (voice) not just the mystery noise...

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Aug 15, 2006 at 2:46:01 am

Send me a clip then and let me see what you are dealing with ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]