FORUMS: list search recent posts

Echo redution

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian PetersonEcho redution
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 1:57:01 pm

I have an audio clip recorded on camera by a shotgun mic. The rooms accoustics sucked and there is an echo that is so bad the main words are nearly unintelligable. Is there a way to clean this up? Oh and this is the first time I've even cracked open Audition in my adobe suite so I'm no expert.

Thanks,

Brian Peterson

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Echo redution
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 2:09:01 pm

Sorry Brian, but once you have echo it's there to stay ... You may be able to take it out a bit but the audio will really suffer ... I would sugget a re-shoot if possible ... If you are in a situation like that again and have a wireless system you can use it will eleminate the ehco ... Wish I had better news for you, but I don't. sorry ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Brian PetersonRe: Echo redution
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 2:15:50 pm

thanks. I've found a few EQ points I can drop out that clean it up a little bit, but not nearly as much as i wanted. can't reshoot, it was a wedding. I had a wireless on everything that had audio, seconds before the start of the processional the priest decided he didn't want them on and shut them off, so I ended up with the on camera mud.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 1, 2006 at 2:31:33 pm

Next time might I suggest that you can tuck the wireless under the clothing so that can't be seen ... I do an outdoors fishing show and you have to get creative to keep the wind from drowning out the voice and since wind screens aren't that effect I have discovered by putting the mic's inside I don't get the wind, they are out of view yet my audio is still high end ... Glad you were able to find some EQ points but the overall dynamics of the audio will be affected ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Brian PetersonRe: Echo redution
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 3:48:05 pm

Ironically I already do that so the mics don't show up in the photographers images... However I've got the priest on audio telling the cantor, groom and reader to shut off their wireless followedby the mic going dead.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 1, 2006 at 4:16:40 pm

That's cool about the priest ... I have 2 wireless systems and for location shoots you can power them using 2 6 volt lantern batteries hooked in series providing your system works on 12 volts DC most do ... I also was able to build everything into a small cooler, (you can pick them up at Walmart for about 17 bucks) .............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

drkimcaRe: Echo redution
by on Aug 25, 2006 at 2:55:08 am

Hey Brian...

You might try a little noise gate to pull down the echo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]