FORUMS: list search recent posts

recording through avid liquid box

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stalker
recording through avid liquid box
on Jul 18, 2006 at 6:18:10 pm

hi, im using a Realtek HD Audio card incorporated in a w4300 hp workstation. i have connected an external mixer to my avid liquid box. i can record sound in liquid but not in audition! is it possible first of all? (it should be!) and how?

as i pres the rec in auditon, a small wave form is created and then everything is flat!!

you'll save my life

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: recording through avid liquid box
on Jul 18, 2006 at 8:26:42 pm

Sounds like you need to go to the re-wire ... On the session or multi track side go to options > device properties > re-wire ... Check in your device order to see if it is listed first, if so select what you want to use for an input and then make sure that the tracks have the same input selected ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

stalker
on Jul 19, 2006 at 12:32:40 pm

hi willie! it could sound stupid but there's no Device properties in my options meny. but in the multitrack input there is a midi and rewire setup. i click the tab to enable audition as rewire host, but it says that there are no rewire slave applications found on the system.

thanks

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jul 19, 2006 at 4:14:53 pm

OK, here is what I need, I need to know what version of Audition you are using, your system config, (from mic to computer and everything in between)... I am sure your problem is in the way you have things configured .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

stalker
on Jul 20, 2006 at 1:25:43 pm

willie, im using audition 2. the mic goes to a mixer through a xlr, from mixer to avid liquid box through two RCA (cinch)l/r. the box connects to the computer through a usb2. port. i dont know if its enogh. if you will reply to me this afternoon, ill be there so we can work it out.

thanks.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jul 24, 2006 at 10:28:09 pm

Sorry, I have been in Montana shooting my tv show ... HMMMM, now I am puzzled ... Do you have a copy of 1.5 that you can experiment with? 2.0 does do some strange and whacky things at times ... If you want write back to me at loganonestudio@aol.com ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

stalker
on Jul 27, 2006 at 2:38:05 pm

hi willie, i've been busy as well. i just installed audition 1.5. but the problem still remains. no rewire applications found.
i dont know what to do next! it looks strange.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jul 27, 2006 at 3:43:10 pm

Suggestion, stick with 1.5 till Adobe works out the bugs in 2.0 ... Now to the problem at hand ... Can you take the the out from your hp workstation and run it directly into your line in jack of your sound card? I have never used the avid so I am going to ask a dumb question, is there any advantage in using it VS just going directly from your workstation to your computer and why don't you just eliminate everything and just go from your mixing board to your computer ... Since I record everything dry in my studio setup my only outboard equipment is tube mic pre's and compressor limiters, then from my board it goes into my computer ...... WILLIE

Return to posts index

stalker
on Jul 28, 2006 at 8:16:33 am

i wish i could do it Willie, but my sound card is a DirectSound card, incorporated in the computer, it doesnt have a line in. so im forced to go through the liquid box audio in l/r. should i buy another sound card?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jul 28, 2006 at 11:06:48 am

It might be a good idea ... A no frills soundblaster card is all you would need ... Here is a link ..... WILLIE

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102176

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]