FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Audio from Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
djam productions
Importing Audio from Premiere
on Jun 20, 2006 at 2:10:56 am

Am I missing something, or is the only way to work on audio for video in Audition to export a stereo Wave from Premiere? It's very disappointing that Adobe don't seem to have addressed the issue of sound editing very well. The AAF export module in Premiere is lacking in audio export options and Audition can't import it. We need a way to import the audio portion of a Premiere, Avid or FCP timeline into Audition, media bundled with handles! OMFI support in both apps would make them universally compatible.

Please tell me if I am missing something here, because I would love to know if there is a better way to work with video in Audition.

Daniel

Return to posts index

normann
Importing Audio from Premiere - please help!
on Jun 22, 2006 at 10:15:41 am

Hi,
I have the same question, but I find it very strange, that no one seems to miss the feature of importing whole timelines for audio-finishing...

As Atfer Effets works fine with ppro projects, why can't audition??

normann

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Importing Audio from Premiere - please help!
on Jun 22, 2006 at 11:46:15 am

When it comes to audio everyone seems to be looking for a "microwave solution" ... You may have to go through a few more steps but it worth it in the end ... Here is my workflow I use for Audio Editing ...

1. Once I have edited the SEQUENCE I export just the audio
2. I will insert the audio clip into the session side, make changes,
and then do a mixdown of the corrected clip ... When you
do the mixdown Audition gives you the option to create a project
link ...
3. I will finish off the mixdown with a HARD LIMIT and save ...
4. Now import the corrected clip into Pre Pro and replace the original
audio with the corrected audio ...
5, Any music I need I will already have it edited and just import it
into the SEQUENCE timeline ...

Now I know that this isn't "click, point, and shoot" but it will take you about 15 to 20 seconds longer which isn't a big deal at all I wouldn't think ............... WILLIE

Return to posts index

normann
on Jun 22, 2006 at 1:09:03 pm

Thanks for your reply,

first of all, this is not about doing audio for a clip... I'm searching for a resolution for audio mastering in audition of an 90 min. documentary, that was edited in PPro. You can imagine, that it would be quite time-stealing to export each audio clip (there are hundreds) and process them one by one.
Another aspect is, that it is not possible to correct the dissolves, volume for the whole film and trying effects, when you don't have the other clips for reference...

This has nothing to do with microwaving - for everybody knows, that microwaved food isn't that healthy;)

normann

Return to posts index

djam productions
on Jun 22, 2006 at 1:47:27 pm

I agree, Willie I am happy with that workflow if I am working on one clip, but to work on an entire scene or even an entire program, it is unsatisfactory. Essentially, my qualm is that there is no way of exporting audio out of Premiere and importing into Audition with handles. This is essential when working with video programs for making cross fades between shots and scenes.

Audio only OMFI with 50 or 60 frame handles is an industry standard and it is very disappointing that Audition does not support it, or an alternative, even between Adobe apps. No one wants to have to do audio editing in Premiere before it goes out to Audition.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jun 22, 2006 at 2:28:29 pm

My weekly show I film and edit is only 28 min so I can see your point ... I think because I did audio for so many years before I ventured over to the dark side to do video I look at it very differntly ... What I see happening is that most people edit the video and then want a quick cure on fixing the audio after the fact, this just isn't the way I feel it should be done, but being a brain dead child of the sixties what the hec do I know ... Since I don't have to worry about making a living at it I don't mind spending the time, I think the points both of you have raised are very valid and maybe you should let Adobe hear what you have to say, of course that may be a bit like asking the IRS to let you silde on your taxes for a couple of years ............. WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]