FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transport

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernard Newnham
Transport
on Jun 13, 2006 at 9:56:33 pm

I'm new to Audition, and I'm just trying out the demo, though long ago at the BBC I used Cool Edit Pro for a while. I have a transport question -

How can I re-assign the keys so that the spacebar starts and stops, and doesn't keep going back to the beginning?

Why does it do that anyway? Every other editor I've ever used works the same....and I'd quite like it if J, K, and L did the standard Avid stuff too.

thanks

Bernie

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Transport
on Jun 13, 2006 at 11:21:58 pm

Bernie,

Go to EDIT and at the bottom you will see KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS AND MIDI, just click on that and you will be able to set it up as you like ...

WILLIE

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
on Jun 14, 2006 at 7:38:36 am

Yes, I found that and spent some time trying to make it do what I wanted, but - and I may just be a very stupid person here - I couldn't find a way of stopping and re-starting from the same place.

I tried various key re-assignments and it always starts from the beginning again. I probably just need a slightly more detailed piece of hand-holding, if possible, please.

The reason is that we're trying to do some transcription - script typing - and you need to have a quick and simple way of stopping, starting and going back and forth. I can't believe that I'm the first person to need something like this.

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
on Jun 14, 2006 at 9:10:07 am

....forget it - I've found more suitable software for the job. Thanks anyway.

....though the question remains - why doesn't Audition work normally, in the way that most other systems have now decided is standard? Who on earth wants a timeline transport that only ever goes back to the top?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jun 14, 2006 at 12:08:05 pm

Bernie,

I looked at it and there is 2 ways to accomplish what you want ... Control > shift > space stops the cursor without sending it back to zero and just hit the space bar to restart, or you could simply use your mouse and click pause to stop and then click it again to start ...

Willie

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
on Jun 14, 2006 at 12:59:27 pm

Thanks for checking it out, Willie.

Perhaps someone should explain to Adobe that control/shift/space isn't the most straightforward key selection to press when you just want to stop - especially as it's become an industry standard to use space as plain old start/stop. After I'd asked the original question late last night, I remembered having the same problem back in Cool Edit days. It turned out to be easier and more straightforward to use a video editor to do the audio editing jobs than an audio editor.

cheers

Bernie

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jun 14, 2006 at 1:14:58 pm

Bernie,

You can mod it but I guess it comes down to using what you are comfortable with ... The problem I see with using a video program to edit audio, (depends on your edit of course) is that you don't get the quality in the finished product that you can by using programs designed for a specific use ... Now this is of course coming from a guy who spent years doing audio before crossing over to the dark side and editing video as well ... Good talking with you and if you should decide to use Audition in the future please write if you have any questions ........... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]