FORUMS: list search recent posts

I get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kovboyI get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.
by on Jun 7, 2006 at 8:00:16 am

I love a lot of Adobe

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: I get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.
by on Jun 7, 2006 at 11:53:12 am

I have been using this program for 9 years and here is what I see ... Sorry Adobe but 2.0 sucks when it comes to stability, don't get me wrong it has some great features it just needs some tweaking it was like the jump from Cool Edit 1.5 to 2.0, maybe it's a curse ... As far as the stability you are talking about I haven't experienced it as you have ... I find Audition 1.5 very stable on my system but then again I have lots of room for the it to run ... I do have an occasional hickup, but they are few and far between, in fact I could say that it's as stable as any other program from any vendor out there, at least this is the case for me ... I have a real problem with Photoshop CS crashing on me and I have other people that swear by it ... I feel that in a lot of cases it's the system and not the software ... For example I have a friend that had a problem with Pre Pro not wanting to capture from his camcorder ... He tried eveything and finally traced the problem to another piece of hardware in his computer that was causing Pre Pro to not see his capture device ... I think one of the best versions of this program was Cool Edit 1.5, but with the added features that Audition has I need to stick with Adobe ... In the end I have gone back to 1.5 after the first serious crash and will not venture back until Adobe has ironed out the bugs ... A few suggestions you may or may not be doing ... Make sure that you don't have files you are working on stored on the C drive and increase your buffer size ... I was having a problem with dropping Audio on capture with Pre Pro until I set it up for the audio to be captured on a differnt drive than the video ... One last thought, I have used other audio editing programs and when it comes to being user friendly and the quality of the finished product Audition is second to none ... This is my story and I'm stickin to it ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

KovboyRe: I get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.
by on Jun 8, 2006 at 11:58:32 am

I agreee. I love the features of Audtion and it

Return to posts index

by on Jun 8, 2006 at 12:07:30 pm

I just don't have the stability problem at all, HUM interesting ... Do you have any temp files on your "C" crive? If you do change them to another drive that may help ... Thanks for the heads up on Pre Pro 2 I have it but haven't built a 64 bit machine as of yet, maybe next year when opperating systems are more up to snuff ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

kovboyRe: I get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.
by on Jun 8, 2006 at 1:45:36 pm

Ooops...typing error in my last post. I meant that Premiere is NOT as much realtime as the older one.

About the Audition. Yes I have my temps on another drive than C drive. All drivers up to date too etc. etc.

BTW, what videocodec do you use when making audio for a video? I use Microsoft DV format (AVI). Do you also use that?

Return to posts index

OzpeterRe: I get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.
by on Jun 8, 2006 at 1:50:36 pm

Solid as a rock here. I can't recall when I last had a crash with either 2.0 or 1.5, though 1.0 had a general reputation for being a bit flakey at times.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 8, 2006 at 11:54:58 pm

After I edit the sequence in Pre Pro I export the audio, then once the audio is edited using Audition, I mixdown, Eq, Hard Limit and save as a PCM Wave file, then import it back into Pre Pro and replace the old audio with the edited wave file ... When I export out of Pre Pro I export as an AVI file then transcode in Encore ... I still think you have some problems in your system causing your problem ............. Willie

Return to posts index

RNRChemistRe: I get the feeling that audition is a bit too unstable.
by on Aug 2, 2006 at 3:11:02 pm

I haven't had *too* many problems with 2.0, but it's not as great as I thought it'd be, stability-wise. However, it's pretty great in a lot of other aspects...

Return to posts index

by on Aug 2, 2006 at 4:09:33 pm

I still think you would be money ahead by using 1.5 and to be honest with you I am thinking that it may clear up some of your problems ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]