FORUMS: list search recent posts

Did Noise Reduction, Now Theres Echo

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aplusjimagesDid Noise Reduction, Now Theres Echo
by on Jun 5, 2006 at 7:55:39 pm

My boss did these live recordings on location in LA with his laptop. Theres a loud hum that I'm thinking came from lights and the room just being very acoustic. I used the noise reduction filter to clean up the hum (which it did), but now the audio sounds very echoey. Is there a way to clean this up? Did I use Noise Reduction wrong?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Did Noise Reduction, Now Theres Echo
by on Jun 6, 2006 at 12:15:46 am

Did you capture "just the noise" first before you tried to get it out, if you did then what is going on is that you removed too much at one time ... If you didn't capture the noise first then go to a section that has only noise and highlight, then go to your noise filter and capture just that noise, now hightlight the whole clip and it will take out the hum ... CAUTION, when you do a preview make sure the setting is low enough to not cause the digitizing problem (echoey) that you have currently ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

aplusjimagesRe: Did Noise Reduction, Now Theres Echo
by on Jun 6, 2006 at 3:39:03 pm

Willie,

What do I use to reduce the echo? There's the Noise Reduction Level slider which seems to cause echoing if I raise it above 80 and then there's the graph that echos if I raise it too high. I'm having a hard time getting the hum out without getting echo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]