FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mbshark1
Is it possible?
on May 31, 2006 at 8:48:25 pm

This may seem like a crazy workaround but I'm to avoid buying an M Audio firewire or USB device until I see if I really am going to get into this multitracking.
I'm trying to get some vocal, guitar and drum tracks into audition via my mackie board and use my sony camcorder as the A/D converter firewired into my dell desktop or toshiba laptop. I have no problem capturing dv or analog through this camera into premiere pro 1.5 so I thought it would be simple to do the same into Audition: There I go thinkin again. I have done all the device input options as per the help files but no audio makes it into audition when I play back recorded audio from the dv camera much less go live from the mackie. Is there a virtual air gap somewhere along the line or is this just not possible?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mark

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Is it possible?
on May 31, 2006 at 11:56:23 pm

Why don't you just go from the mackie into the line input of your soundcard? I did this for years with my Allen & Heath before I got a Layla ... If you are recording a track at a time anyway it will work just fine .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

mbshark1
on Jun 1, 2006 at 1:40:02 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Willie. That is what I did with my Dell when I got home this evening. Took me a while to find documentation on the audigy card and I never did find anything on the firewire part of the card but I got the right color code for the inputs. It still wasn't working until I activated the correct input on the windows mixer but then Victory was Mine! I still may try to get the firewire working for my laptop so I can be mobile but in the end I will probably save up a couple of bucks and spring for an M audio unit for $150 to $200 unless I hear of something better.
Thanks again
Mark

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jun 1, 2006 at 5:15:35 am

Mark,

The Presonus FIRE POD is nice also, I have a friend that swears by it ... Glad all is running as it should ... For your lap top try going to OPTIONS > DEVICE PROPERTIES > REWIRE or EXT DEVICE ... Glad to hear you are up and running .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]