FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add track properties to multiple tracks?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aplusjimages
How to add track properties to multiple tracks?
on May 30, 2006 at 9:10:39 pm

How do I take the track properties, like Volume, pan, and eq and copy it to multiple tracks?

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: How to add track properties to multiple tracks?
on May 31, 2006 at 1:23:48 am

I am not sure "copy" is the right term ... On the session side when you build your track mixer it remembers the last action so if I build a compressor setting for one track then add that feature to another track via building a track mixer for the new track, whatever the last compressor setting I used on the previous track will be the same setting when opened on the new track ... If you want you can always make that setting a preset and then apply it at any time ... If you want the same volume make sure your track volumes are set to zero and then adjust the master volume ... I hope this helps, if you are still unsure then write back and I will and I will work with you until you do grasp it ... Sometimes with audio there isn't a "one click will fix it all" senerio ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

aplusjimages
on May 31, 2006 at 2:01:25 pm

What about properties such as the pan and the 3 EQ options? Is there a master switch for those?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on May 31, 2006 at 2:47:24 pm

No, audio is more hands on than a lot of programs and you have to do a bit more work if you want to produce a good sound ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

aplusjimages
on May 31, 2006 at 3:17:13 pm

The reason I ask is because I have to cut about 100 songs into 6, 10, 12, 15, 19, 30, & 40 second lengths each. So I'm copying the song into a track for each time and I have to adjust the volume, pan, and EQ on some of the songs, so that means I have to adjust it 6 times for one song and that takes about 3 minutes to do.

I put each length on it's own track so that way if we lose the 6 seconds version I can go back into Audition and it will already be cut and all I have to do is export.

If someone has a faster method then I would be interested in hearing it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on May 31, 2006 at 4:02:04 pm

Welcome to world of audio ...

Return to posts index

willie toth
on May 31, 2006 at 4:07:50 pm

There is one other way ... One the session side you set up one track then after you adjust the first section and do a mixdown of that section, remove it from the track with all the settings on it and insert the next section ... The settings are unique to the track and are only applied to the mixdown ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]