FORUMS: list search recent posts

volume level

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
EBarfieldvolume level
by on May 25, 2006 at 2:31:40 pm

Hello:

I video-taped a musical (actually, I was singing in the choir and a friend ran my camera), which had interludes with speakers giving short testimonies. The audio track is "up" and "down" in a number of places -- very low volume with the testimonies, and considerably higher with the music. Guess it was a combination of the board man tweaking the input line, and the cameraman tweaking the volume levels at the camera. Question is: Is there an easy way in Audition to "smooth out" (for lack of better phrase at the moment)the entire audio track to within the same volume range -- that is, bring up the gain on the persons talking, lower the gain on the music -- without going through the entire track and tweaking amplitude, etc., piece by piece?

Thanks,

Ed

"deja vu all over again" -- Yogi Berra

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: volume level
by on May 25, 2006 at 2:53:47 pm

Ed,

To do it properly there are no short cuts, one section at a time is what I recogmend ... Normalize just works on the peaks and although doing a hard limit will bring up your low volumes it will also add gain to you louder volumes ... Audio isn't mircowave tecnology if you want it to sound right you need to put the time in and no matter how good the video is, if the sound isn't quality the video will always be less than it can be ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

EBarfieldRe: volume level
by on May 25, 2006 at 5:40:42 pm

Well, that's what I thought...I knew normalizing would not do what I needed, but was not too familiar with hard limiting. In the past, I have always done it the hard way, and just watched the meters as I go (and listened, of course) and either keyframed volume/gain in PP, or raised/lowered the gain on different sections in Audition.

later,

ed

"deja vu all over again" -- Yogi Berra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]