FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hearing effects while recording.

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drummermylo
Hearing effects while recording.
on May 17, 2006 at 11:16:53 pm

I haven't been able to tell if this is possible, but I want to be able to hear the changes in EQ and add reverb and stuff like that while I'm recording and not just afterwards. Is this possible? My bass player wants to mess with the EQ in the program as if it were a physical board.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Hearing effects while recording.
on May 18, 2006 at 1:07:05 am

Which version are you using? Yes you can add while you are in the recording phase it's what I call a "Non destructive feature" meaning it isn't a permanent change until you actually do a mixdown leaving the original clip as it was recorded ... It is a different process depending on which version you have ... On 1.5 just go to the FX at the side of each track and then build your effects rack ... On 2.0 you go to the mixer and then to FX then build your effects rack from there ... I believe there may be a tutorial you can watch on the Adobe site ... It is also covered in depth in the help file .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

drummermylo
on May 18, 2006 at 1:55:58 am

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly.
I have 2.0
I don't know if I explained it well, but I want to be able to hear the effects WHILE recording, or without recording at all. Can I use audition as a mixer? I tried doing what you said earlier and it doesn't effect the live sound coming from my headphones or speakers.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on May 18, 2006 at 12:17:16 pm

Where do you pull the audio for your headphones and speakers when you record? If it's before Audition then you won't be able to hear it, if it's after Audition there shouldn't be a problem ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]