FORUMS: list search recent posts

Zoom mic effect

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
labrisherZoom mic effect
by on May 6, 2006 at 4:25:07 pm

I have footage shot with an exteral mic that zooms in sync with the camera lens; that is to say, when I zoom up on a scene, the mic also zooms in and captures a narrower audio field. Unfortunately, this results in a very noticeable and distracting change in the audio, from a full-bodied, robust sound to a "tinny" sound at the high zoom end. I suppose this is caused by the exclusion of the ambient "side sound" when zoomed up. Question is: how can I fix the high-end zoom sound to match the unzoomed audio?

I tried applying a mild reverb and upping the bass, both separately and together, but none is satisfactory. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Zoom mic effect
by on May 7, 2006 at 11:37:29 am

I need to hear the problem, if you would like you can E-mail me a sample of a minute or so and I can help head you in the right direction ... E-mail to loganonestudio@aol.com

Return to posts index

labrisherRe: Zoom mic effect
by on May 9, 2006 at 4:16:28 pm

Willie:
I sent you in two separate emails a .wav and an .avi attachments of the same clip. Hopefully, they sufficiently illustrate the effect I described earlier. Please let me know if you have difficulty opening the attachements.

Thanks again for offering to take a look at this.

labrisher

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Zoom mic effect
by on May 9, 2006 at 7:30:35 pm

I responed to both of your E-mails ... The problem that you have is that when you zoomed the audio went from stereo to mono so what you are hearing is a decrease in dynamics ... There isn't a way to make it sound like the stereo wave, sorry ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

labrisherRe: Zoom mic effect
by on May 9, 2006 at 8:05:32 pm

Thanks for your forum response ... guess I just have to live with this effect.

BTW: I never got your email responses, mmm ...

Cheers

labrisher

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]