FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition clips off end of track

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
Chris FigatAudition clips off end of track
by on Apr 20, 2006 at 5:43:14 pm

Hey guys, designer-type here who's usually over in the After Effects and Flash forums but my current project has led me to visit y'all.

I'm doing a Flash project with a voiceover, a narrated presentation sort of thing. Our talent gave us the audio as an MP3 file, and when i brought it into Audition to edit it into the different segments needed I noticed that the last word was clipped off. He's pronouncing the last digit of a phone number and it cuts off the last tiny bit of "fourteen", just enough to notice.

What makes this strange is that when i play the mp3 in iTunes it DOESN'T cut off, it even has a bit of dead space after "fourteen". It seems that Audition is clipping the track off prematurely for some reason. I did some searching on here and wasn't able to come up with anything, anyone know what's happening and how i could fix it? Thanks.

chris

i'm not random i'm tangent oriented...

Return to posts index

cow
Chris Figatand the solution...
by on Apr 20, 2006 at 7:27:48 pm

I told iTunes that I wanted it to import files as WAV, which means I could then right-click the file in iTunes and export to WAV. I imported that file into Audition and it was fine, didn't cut off at the end.

so apparently the problem is is the way Audition handles mp3's for future reference.

chris

i'm not random i'm tangent oriented...

Return to posts index

sbparkeRe: and the solution...
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 3:06:07 pm

weird...i'm having the same problem, anyone come up with a better solution other than using a wav instead?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: and the solution...
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 4:51:29 pm

Wave files are the preferred format for Audition, besides why would you want to use a file that is compressed .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

sbparkeRe: and the solution...
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 4:55:09 pm

i was provided with an mp3 file, just working with what was given to me...

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: and the solution...
by on Jun 30, 2006 at 5:47:23 pm

Try to convert it to a wave file and see if that helps ....... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]