FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
far from the landDigidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Mar 30, 2006 at 6:41:50 pm

I prefer to use Audition for my own work, but need a new firewire sound card and am very tempted by the Digi 002 partly for it's pre-amps, but also for the pro-tools option for others' imported sessions. However I've found a review saying the Digi 002 will run with some non-pro-tools software, and some with reduced function like no track names, but you only find out which other platforms are compatible when you actually install the pro-tools bundle. Naturally I'd like to know if the unit will run with Audition BEFORE I buy it. Any ideas?
(Also would like to integrate a 'Control Freak' midi surface if possible. I'll be running a P4 at 1.8gig with 2 firewire harddrives.)
Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

ozpeterRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Mar 30, 2006 at 10:00:59 pm

Which version of Audition? I've seen a discussion on the Adobe site forums where a user reported success with Audition 2.0 but I think there are problems with earlier versions with that device.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
far from the landRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Mar 31, 2006 at 1:19:50 pm

At present I'm using v 1.5, but could upgrade. Thank-you! - (I couldn't find the discussion you mention...)

Return to posts index

Bob ZelinRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Apr 1, 2006 at 2:31:03 pm

wait - are you telling me that the 002 can actually be used as a Firewire audio interface to Adobe Audition ? Where do you see this in any documentation from Adobe ? How would you get the drivers to read from the 002 ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

UnitEwaveRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Apr 15, 2006 at 8:11:38 pm

Have successfully used Digi OO2 with Audition 2.0 as a soundcard/playback device. However, seemed a bit unstable. Audition seems to have trouble recognizing Digi 002. Had to restart the Audition software a few times. I guess it's ultimately able to recognize the OO2's ASIO drivers.

I haven't tried recording into Audition with OO2. Will try it and post results.

Drawback for me would seem not being able to use the 002 as a control surface as well. You might be better off going with Tascam FW-1884 or 1082. Unfortunately I can't speak from experience on that one but by all accounts, they have a bit more functionality with Audition 2.0.

Good luck,

Piri

Return to posts index

far from the landRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Apr 16, 2006 at 3:34:08 pm

Thanks! I was planning on the digi-002 rack with a separate controller. So I'll read up on the drivers and try to point Audition in the ASIO direction, maybe install the digi-002 first.
- far from the land

Return to posts index

ray1411Re: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Apr 26, 2006 at 8:45:09 pm

how can i get a tascam fw 1082 to work with adobe audition 2.0...so far as being able to have it interface with its sliders and record buttons?

Return to posts index

UnitEwaveRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on May 2, 2006 at 8:09:34 pm

My understanding is that the Fw-1082 supports the 'Mackie control protocol' which AA 2.0 also supports. From what I can gather though, you don't get all the functionality of the Tascam FW control interfaces. Basically fader and transport control.

Again, this all is not from personal experience with the product. I haven't taken the plunge in getting a 1082 yet. But I have a keen interest in seeing them work together.

The standard party line from the Adobe folks I queried at NAB was AA supports 'Mackie emulation/control protocol. I couldn't get much more than that. The Tascam people basically said that their source code was open to any developers and that it was in Adobe's court to get them working together. If more professionals ask for it, maybe.....

Also, here is something that might shed a little light on the subject:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may05/articles/tascam1082.htm

Cheers,

Piri

Return to posts index

Paul HusiakRe: Digidesign Digi 002 compatibility
by on Apr 8, 2010 at 5:46:55 pm

I've installed Audition 3.0 on a machine with an installation of Pro Tools LE already on it, running through a Digidesign 002 rack's Adat ports.

Everything works fine, except the playback preview funcition in the Insert Audio window in the Multitrack area. It offers Wave Mapper as the only Preview Playback Device in it'sdrop down list.

How can I get to preview an audio file through the digidesign audio hardware's adat outputs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]