FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fixing audio levels on large video

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don SmithFixing audio levels on large video
by on Mar 23, 2006 at 9:38:24 pm

What is the best procedure to get a consistant audio level on a large video? I've had wedding videos that were 1.5 hours with different audio levels for music backgrounds, different clips, etc. I have imported the AVI file into Audition and used Amplitude/Dynamics Processing/Classic Soft Knee, which appears to do the trick of getting a consistant audio level. However, I've had situations where a single music track sounds a bit distorted. Am I doing this right, is there a better way?

Return to posts index

willie tothRe: Fixing audio levels on large video
by on Mar 24, 2006 at 12:59:19 am

Don,

Here is what I found that works best for me ... After each sequence that I complete in Pre Pro I export JUST THE AUDIO and I bring it into Audition where I edit it, (like remove clicks pops or anything else that is odd and EQ if needed) ... Once I am happy with that I do a HARD LIMIT to -1db ... If you have a track that is already hot then I may only amplify by 1 or 2db instead of 6 which is the default setting ... This gives me real consistent audio ... The reason I do it a sequence at a time is that Audition seems to like the smaller files better ... The help file explains hard limiting in detail ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Don SmithRe: Fixing audio levels on large video
by on Mar 24, 2006 at 2:47:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, Willie. So you are saying that the Dynamics Processing is NOT the way to go? Sure is easy to do that way. But the hard limit is really the way to go?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2006 at 3:12:00 pm

Don,

Dynamic processing has it's place, but hard limit fattens the over all mix up and really smooths things by closing the gap between the peaks and the audio burried at the bottom of the mix ... It may be a bit more work but I think you will hear the differnce ... You may still need to EQ for that I suggest the PARAMETRIC EQ ..... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Don SmithRe: Fixing audio levels on large video
by on Mar 24, 2006 at 3:48:04 pm

Thanks, Willie. Appreciate your prompt response on this. I'll try it out.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 24, 2006 at 5:04:12 pm

No problem ............ WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]