FORUMS: list search recent posts

Something to See

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Frizzle
Something to See
on Mar 17, 2006 at 2:50:05 pm

How can I expand my timeline to isolate my view of a particular frequency (in this case, the lowest frequncy) and thus see it in more detail?

Return to posts index

cowcow
willie toth
Re: Something to See
on Mar 17, 2006 at 3:06:15 pm

Norman,

Simply put your cursor over the area you would liked to expand and then go to the ZOOM CONTROL tab at the bottom of you screen ... If you don't have that window up for some reason, go to the WINDOW tab at the top and select it ......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Norman Frizzle
on Mar 17, 2006 at 3:15:50 pm

I use the zoom, but it only zooms to the centre of the frequency range. Cant even scroll down from there.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Mar 17, 2006 at 3:24:55 pm

Norman,

The spectral view on the edit side will allow this, differnt freq. will have a differnt color ... What is it that you are trying to accomplish,

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Norman Frizzle
on Mar 17, 2006 at 3:38:59 pm

Actually, I neglected to say that it was IN the Spectral View that I wished to zoom in on the lowest frequency.

Some months ago you advised me on WIND ROAR removal, which is tricky. I tried it but with limited success before I encountered unacceptable artifacting, even when I did it in small amounts.

Meantime, AUDITION 2.0 has come out. I thought I would isolate the offending nise in the Spectral View, lasso it and hopefully illiminate or at least lessen my WIND ROAR.

Can't seem to be able to blow up a view of the frequency in question however in Spectral View.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Mar 17, 2006 at 5:16:57 pm

Norman,

2.0 won't be any more efficant than 1.5, as you discovered once it's there, it's there to stay ........... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

ozpeter
on Mar 17, 2006 at 10:49:18 pm

Right click in the frequency scale at the right of the spectral view for zoom options. Right click/drag there to zoom in on particular frequencies.

Return to posts index

ozpeter
on Mar 17, 2006 at 10:50:52 pm

... then left click and drag the whole scale to see different zoomed-in bit.

Return to posts index

cow
Norman Frizzle
on Mar 17, 2006 at 11:37:10 pm

Thanks to you both, Willie and Ozpeter, in the meantime I went back to 1.5, found the marquee tool to zoom in on the frequency. Results were somewhat better than I acheived a few months ago, and I suspect could be even better but for one thing:

In 1.5, after I subtract my unwanted bit within a defined frequency range, AUDITION fills in the 'hole' with what it believes the sound would be like without this intrusive noise. It operates analogous to the Magic Eraser tool in PHOTOSHOP which subtracts dirt and replaces it with color and texture fill based on surrounding image.

In 2.0, when I subtract it is just leaving a hole. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I need to achieve the desired effect?

Also, is there an option just to cut out a given percent of the bad sound and thus minimize artifacting?

Return to posts index

ozpeter
on Mar 20, 2006 at 3:16:15 am

Exactly what are you doing to "subtract"?

Both versions should work much the same way, except that 2.0 has the lasso tool which allows you to select multiple irregular areas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]