Beginner trying to Multi-track

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Skeeter
Beginner trying to Multi-track
on Mar 8, 2006 at 6:08:06 pm

Hello,

I have very limited experience with adobe Audition, and now I've been asked to re-record some voice over work we've previosly done. We are doing multiple versions in different languages.
What I need to accomplish is to play back the existing English V/O on one track for the translator to hear, as he repeats what he hears in another language.

So he needs to be hearing in one ear (headphones), the existing English V/O, and in the other ear, his own voice as he translates. AND, I need to be recording his translations.

So my question is, how can I do all of this traffic control simultaneously using Adobe Audition?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Beginner trying to Multi-track
on Mar 8, 2006 at 7:04:56 pm

Skeeter,

A couple question about your setup ... Are you using a mixing board? What version of Audition are you using? ... In most cases all you need to do is on track one of the multi track side you record the voice you want your talent to listen to, once you do this turn off the record mode for that track and put the next track down into record mode ... Now just hit the record button and your talent should be able to hear the track while they record the new track ........ WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

Skeeter
on Mar 8, 2006 at 8:03:27 pm

Yes I am using a Mackie Mixing board and Adobe Audition V 2.0

Return to posts index

RNRChemist
on Mar 8, 2006 at 8:40:16 pm

Willie, won't there be some bleed if he does it that way?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Mar 8, 2006 at 9:51:44 pm

No, not done properly ... This is were a compressor limitor comes in real handy .......... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
willie toth
on Mar 8, 2006 at 9:53:31 pm

Skeeter,

You should be just fine with your setup just make sure that your playback track isn't connected to the same buss that you are using for your record track ........... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]