1.5 VS 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
willie toth
1.5 VS 2.0
on Mar 8, 2006 at 1:50:01 pm

Hey Guys,

I know 2.0 has some awesome new features, (I'm just lovin the favorites feature for one) but it has some serious issues that is going to make me not use it until adobe gets it together and fixes the problems ... I have experienced the effects rack on the multi track side to work intermittently, which in itself is no big deal ... I saved a short session last night and it saved files to that session that weren't even in the session and omitted ones that were, I am just glad it wasn't a big session but rather just some acoustic git stuff that needed to be redone anyway ... I think the worst of the problems is the latency issue ... I have never seen a problem like this in any of the versions from Cool Edit Pro 1.0 to now ... We all know Cool Pro 2.0 kind of sucked but at least they fixed all the problems with 2.1 and then with Adobe's purchase and the upgrade to Audition 1.5 the program was screamin ... Now comes the 2.0 curse again and I for one hope Adobe can get it together soon and fix all the bugs because once they do in my humble opinion Audition will be the program to set a standard for home project studio's, but for now it's back to that old comfortable shoe I call 1.5 ............ WILLIE

Return to posts index

RNRChemist
Re: 1.5 VS 2.0
on Mar 8, 2006 at 8:41:15 pm

I only have 2.0 so I don't know how it's different from 1.5....what latency problem are you speaking of? Please explain!

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Mar 8, 2006 at 9:50:44 pm

2.0 will not record at the right speed at times ... I did a session last night were I had everything set properly and Audition recorded it at twice the speed yet it showed it at the right length ... I have also had the opposit happen were it was too slow, same install same settings ... I can mail you a copy of 1.5 if you would like .......... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

RNRChemist
on Mar 9, 2006 at 2:08:38 pm

I should be able to go between 1.5 and 2.0 fairly easily, yes? Because I already have the skeletons for about 12 songs going on in 2.0. If so, sure, I'd love a copy!

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Mar 9, 2006 at 5:15:11 pm

2.0 is different and a session from 1.5 needs to be reconfigured which 2.0 does when you bring it back into it from 1.5 ... You can load a session from 2.0 into 1.5 without a problem ... I am thinking that 1.5 may be a better way to get familiar with the program since it is a bit more user friendly ... E-mail me with your address at loganonestudio@aol.com and I will get a copy in the mail to you next week when I get back from filming my next fishing program .......... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]