FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie to audition - try to lower frequency in part of audio file

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ktpmm5
newbie to audition - try to lower frequency in part of audio file
on Feb 4, 2006 at 4:44:06 pm

I have an audio file of youth football players being introduced on the field. Their is an announcer telling their names. Only problem is once a players name is announced, cowbells and other noises start going off and obscure some of the kids name. I am trying to get rid of these cowbells and other noises. I have tried selecting just the cowbells and using the noise reduction feature in Audition, but then I cannot hear the announcer. Is there another way to do this in Audition besides using the Noise reduction filter? As stated, I am new to audio - I do video stuff, so this is all new to me. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: newbie to audition - try to lower frequency in part of audio file
on Feb 5, 2006 at 5:56:56 pm

You may be able to go into the filters and use the parametric EQ ... If you can E-mail me a minute or so of the offending sound I will work on it and post the proceedure to follow ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

ktpmm5
on Feb 7, 2006 at 2:05:40 pm

that would be excellent - thank you so much! I posted the audio file on my web site as i wasn't sure how to attach a file here - thank you again for any help! I posted as .avi - let me know if another format is better -

http://www.steppingstonez.com/audio.avi

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Feb 7, 2006 at 3:41:37 pm

Here's the problem ... The crowd noise covers a wide frequency, unfortunately within that band is the announcers voice which means when you take out crowd or try to boost the announcer it affects both and you gain nothing ... I think it is what it is and there really isn't much that can be done ... It comes down to when you shoot the video you need to be able to record the audio on another recorder that is closer to the announcer so you can cut the crowd noise .......... WILLIE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]