FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-channel encoder problems in 2.0

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Friend
Multi-channel encoder problems in 2.0
on Jan 28, 2006 at 3:01:01 pm

I'm having an intermittent problem with the multi-channel encoder. What happens is that when the export is started the progress dialog opens (saying "working") but it no "work" occurs. I've left this open for as long as 15 minutes to see if the system would "catch up" but it does not. In fact, Task Manager, show that Audition is not using any CPU cycles at all. If the encode is going to work then it does so immediately and accomplishes the work quickly.

Doesn't seem to matter what choices are made for the export either. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Now to compound the problem, when it doesn't work, you cancel the export and close the multi-channel encoder then Audition seems to be locked up. Task manager doesn't show Audition as "Not Responding" but it will not respond to mouse clicks or keyboard commands. End Process or reboot is required to get Audition to close in this state.

Anybody else having trouble?
Any troubleshooting suggestions?

I have tried all the suggestions that Adobe list on their troubleshooting guide.

TIA
Dave

Return to posts index

willie toth
Re: Multi-channel encoder problems in 2.0
on Jan 28, 2006 at 3:28:42 pm

Dave,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the program? I just got my copy on my coumputer so I haven't had much time with it yet ... I do know that some weird and whacky things have happened to me when I import old sessions ... The session played very slow even though the sample rates were set the same ... I did a mixdown and the mixdown played at the right speed, then went back to the session and it now played at the right speed ... I think you will see some fixes from Adobe in the not too distant future and I hope everyone will post any problems they may be having, till then, I am keeping 1.5 on my computer ................ WILLIE

Return to posts index

Dave Friend
on Jan 28, 2006 at 5:50:42 pm

Hi Willie,

Thanks for the suggestions. I too am leaving 1.5 on the machine for a while.

Wonder if I CAN un/reinstall just Audition? I installed the new Production Studio, which simply ask for each of the five discs in succession. It never said which application it was installing when. Don't really want to do the whole Studio again.

These problems have all been with new sessions so backward compatibility isn't (shouldn't be) the problem. And, the same session might fail the multi-channel encode one time and succeed the next. No obvious rhyme or reason.

Have you messed with the multi-ch encoder yet?

Dave

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jan 28, 2006 at 7:20:53 pm

Dave,

I have just watched the tutorial and played with the knobs ... You should be able to explore the disks and find out what one Audition is unistall from the add and remove programs and then reinstall or at least thats how it works in a perfect world ........... WILLIE

incidental poet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]