FORUMS: list search recent posts

hear me roar

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Frizzle
hear me roar
on Jan 26, 2006 at 1:12:29 pm

I want to as nearly as possible eliminate wind roar.

I understand that AUDITION 2.0 has a tool similar to PHOTOSHOP's 'healing' tool so if I use the lasso to isolate the roar, I can remove the bad sound, but replace it with frequencies like those in a section of the audio track that don't have the roar in it.

How do I do this? Any other tips for restoring this damage?

Return to posts index

ozpeter
Re: hear me roar
on Jan 26, 2006 at 1:46:33 pm

http://studio.adobe.com/us/tips/tip.jsp?p=1&id=686&xml=aud15freqedit contains some relevant guidance.

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jan 26, 2006 at 1:50:27 pm

Norman,

For large blocks of noise the spectral view is not the way to go because it is designed to heal small single clicks or pops ... Wind is a hard one because of where it is in the spectrum and you will never be able to remove it entirely and keep your audio' integrity ... If you go to the posts in AUG there are 3 tutorials and the first one deals with noise removal ... What they don't mention is that you need to only take out small percentages at a time ... If you take the removal too far your audio will start to digitize and sound like it's in a rain barrel ... WILLIE

Return to posts index

Norman Frizzle
on Jan 26, 2006 at 6:39:17 pm

Thanks to you both, Ozpeter and Willie.

I know I am better working with 16 bit than 8 doing restoration, but am I also better working with 192 than 48 KHz?

Return to posts index

willie toth
on Jan 26, 2006 at 8:00:41 pm

Higher sample rates have their place but I think it's causing your problem ... From my experience you really don't gain that much using the higher setting and remember when you mix it down it will be mixed down to either 441 or 48 ... If I was doing your projects I would use either 441 or 48K ........ WILLIE

Return to posts index

ozpeter
on Jan 26, 2006 at 9:11:00 pm

Normally you'd be thinking in terms of working in 32 bits and saving in 16 bits. 8 bit files are inherently noisy. If you noise-reduce an 8 bit file, it's a bit like copying a olde-worlde cassette recording into your PC, getting rid of the tape hiss there, then copying it back to the cassette - at which point the cassette hiss will come back. 8 bit recordings are probably somewhat worse than cassette recordings, noisewise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]